Friday, December 28, 2007
What was the best gift you received this year and what was the best gift you gave?
Another Christmas gift-related question... what did Santa bring for everyone this year?
Friday, December 21, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
Friday, December 14, 2007
Is Matt Damon yummy or what? :)
I know it's not my FFAF, but I do have to agree, Matt Damon IS yummy! :) So sorry I missed your party; I DO owe you. I really do want some. Things have been absolutely NUTS around here. I don't know when I'll be able to get over there to make an order. When are you doing it again? And did you have a decent turn out?
Yay! Scentsy! I need some crap!
K, I want the Treasure chest one. Is that one back ordered?
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Friday, December 07, 2007
Man, I feel like I haven't done one of these forever! First up, what play and what part for Steve? Second, What is one of your favorite Christmas recipes or treats?
What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? What is your Christmas Eve tradition?
Any bizarre cravings yet?
I have a question for ya! Christmas cards. If i send them to people and do not get one back in return.( This has been going on for over 4 or 5 years) Can i take them off my list for next year. After all have way to many to send and it would be nice to save the money and put towards a gift for someone.Also what Christmas music do you like to play?
Anyway, every year we look forward to the cards we DO get in the mail from others. And I know that some of them are thinking, "Sheesh, that Dawnyel-Steve family!! We NEVER hear from them!!" But we can generally count on getting cards anyway.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
- Steve just got the lead in a play. (Which I could have SWORN he told me he wasn't going to be doing again...) And he owes me BIG TIME!! The play is in a dinner theater and it will play in February....we believe.
- Cameron isn't immune to potty training stuff. Sunday, during choir practice....RIGHT before church (10 minutes or so) he came up to me and said, "Mama, I pooped." UGH!! I had to grab him and drag the kid home to change him. IT was NOT fun!! He even needed a quickie bath before returning!! ICK!
- Thanks to Cam's "adventure" on Sunday, we had a little learning experience on the Sacrament....since we were late enough to miss it.
- I'm now a saleswoman. I'm really excited for this new opportunity!! I've been saying I was going to do this for about 6 months now, and it's official!! YAY!!
- The doctor has prescribed me blood pressure medicine with some side-effects. On the label it says: "May Cause Dizziness or Drowsiness." Uh.....I think I have the drowsiness one DOWN!! (I've been sleeping 5 hours straight, DURING the day!!)
- I've also been waking up WAY early because when Steve leaves, I'm uncomfortable. Yesterday, I worried about financial things, then today I realized that Scouts is tomorrow, and I didn't have my things put together!! Thankfully, all is well in that department.
- Finally, I'm a slacker when it comes to reading other people's blogs. Holy smokes. I really apologize!! I do love reading them, but I'm just.....never mind....I was going to TRY to excuse myself, but I realized, it's NOT worth it!! :P
Monday, December 03, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Otherwise, I've been hanging out, babysitting, and stressing. The stressing is coming from my brother-in-law's baby shower this Saturday. He's been calling us OFTEN, and I, being dead-brain-preggo-woman, volunteered to help him with games, IF he needed me. Well, guess what, he "needed" me! So I've been dreaming of things that I just KNOW I'm going to forget. See, bil lives an hour away, and since we're not seeing them or my pils (hee hee...."pils") until next year, most likely, we're taking baby gifts, games, Christmas presents, our old Christmas tree/old star, and cooler with us. (Good thing we have a large vehicle...)
The only "new" news from me is that I've discovered that with my head-cold, I wasn't nauseous....AT ALL!!!! I would gladly take head-cold stuffiness over constant nausea ANY DAY!! Unfortunately, now that the head-cold is nearly gone, my nausea is back!! :( And it's WORSE than it was before. (Read as: I've been puking....boo hooo!)
Thursday, November 22, 2007
- I'm thankful for this little baby who's making my daily life a little more miserable. It's all worth it in the end!!
- I'm thankful for a healthy, happy, ENERGETIC son. He makes me think sometimes WHY I do it all, but then he also has those moments when he reminds me!
- I'm thankful for a forgiving, loving husband. There are SO many times when I've deserved a good chewing-out, or smack, but he NEVER does it. He patiently puts up with me, and I love him more and more for his patience....that I someday HOPE to have!
- I'm thankful for modern conveniences. Honestly, where would YOU be right now without flushing potties, computers, televisions, DVD/VCR players, debit cards, washing machines??? SERIOUSLY, I love all of these things that make my life easier AND happier!
- I'm thankful for tissues. (Right now I've got a major head-cold, and tissues are my friends!)
Happy Thanksgiving!! :D
Monday, November 19, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Do Doves really cry?
Yeah..it's a song by Prince.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Friday, November 09, 2007
If you want to ask me a question -- and anything goes -- here's your chance. You can ask about whatever you wish, no holds barred. I'll either answer honestly, or I'll tell you that I won't answer.
What were you doing 10 years ago today? (Or around that time.)
Hmm... What do you like most about living in your state?
What is the scariest most terrifying movie you have ever seen? That...to this day... you still steer clear of?
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Monday, November 05, 2007
Friday, November 02, 2007
What did Steve dress up as this year?
Steve was a woman this year. He wore my blouse, my skirt, and my bra (stuffed with six PAIRS of his socks!!) It's GREAT!! *LOL*
What's worse, a spider, a snake, or a mouse?
Since you are pregnant, I have a few questions!!! :)
FINALLY I can comment on this baby! CONGRATS! OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I KNOW how much you have wanted this...so I KNOW how exciting this whole thing is...no matter how painful it is or will be for the next 8ish months! Since I have felt pain with you I feel somehow a part of your pregnancy. I hope to help bouy you up when things are hard.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
What's the best part about Fall?
Got any good natural home remedies for bronchitis/chest congestion?
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Friday, October 19, 2007
What's wrong with me and how can I fix it?
What do you know for sure?
why are people so quick to judge?
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Monday, October 15, 2007
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Could you give me a recipe that is only made by you!
Oh, this is a good one!!! I'll have to think on it!
Did you and Steve ever find time to properly celebrate your anniversary? Hopin' you did! ;)
Do you still think about becoming a sign language interpreter for the deaf? What stopped you?
P.S. The first part of the song "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys goes like this:
Any idea why flags were at half mast in MA last weekend? And were they half mast here as well?
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
- Need to do some shopping for den meeting today. I was smart and planned out the activities LAST month, but forgot to buy the supplies! *D'oh!* (We're making 2 liter bottle piggy banks....so I need paint, little wooden spools, glue, scissors, felt, pipe-cleaners....) OH, and I still need to get some of our boys their rank advancement bead-things. I'm still learning!
- I have a meeting with our Service Coordinator....she's SO nice and helpful, but we have a LOT to discuss today!
- Then this afternoon we have the actual den meeting....uh, yay?
- Then tonight, almost directly after den meeting I have our annual Relief Society visiting teaching conference!! I think they WANT us to go or something.....I got an email about it, a hand delivered invitation, a phone call from my VT supervisor (the lady who wants to know what I'll tell the Lord...), and now a reminder from my OWN visiting teacher! (I'm HOPING I remember!! ;) )
- And finally, I need to actually celebrate my 8th anniversary with Steve. It's his last day-off this week, and he REALLY wants to do SOMETHING! (He mostly slept yesterday....working graveyards will do that....) and then he had play practice last night. :P
Update: I DID go to the VT conference....EXCELLENT!! But I missed Scouts....Five minutes before I was going to leave, Steve accidentally stabbed himself with a knife. (he was helping me get things ready for my 2 liter bottle piggy banks.) And sadly, we had JUST (like 30 minutes previously) had paid off that particular doctor bill!! :S (By the way, he's okay, ended up getting 2 stitches and his tetanus shot!)
Monday, October 08, 2007
Friday, October 05, 2007
The twist is the Cameron aspect....see, it's my sweet boy's seventh birthday today!! Happy birthday, Cam!! We love you SOOOOOOO much!!
Wow, can't believe how the years have seemed to fly by! I'm glad his appointments went well and he was able to have some fun between testing. My question which kind of centers around Cam: What is your favorite memory of Steve as a new dad? Oh, and, out of all of Cam's toy phases, which one has been the worst (e.g. Ninja Turtles, Dora, etc.)?Kimby:My favorite memory of Steve as a new dad would have to be when he gave him his blessing. He was SO worried (you were there the night before, so you remember!) He was so sweet with this little baby, and I knew that he would be a good daddy!Cam's annoying toy phases, eh? Probably his toy cell phone. Anytime he has his toy phone, he morphs into one of those obnoxious cell phone people....interrupting conversations because his phone is "ringing," talking loudly, and just wanting to have it with him at ALL times!! It annoys me to NO end (which is why it's hidden somewhere where he CAN'T find it!)*****************************************************One Scrappy Gal said...
Happy birthday Cameron!!What was his pregnancy/birth like? Can you tell I have "new baby" on the brain? :)Scrappy:When I was pregnant with the boy I was MISERABLE!! I was sick for nine straight months. I did have a nice 2 week reprieve from throwing up, but the rest of the time??? Pukage!! :P And oddly, even though physically I was ill and miserable, mentally I felt happy! I remember thinking that I didn't have to worry about body image (at least until one of my friend's mom's told me that I didn't LOOK pregnant....I bawled for a week after that!) I felt more beautiful then than I EVER have!I had to be induced for his birth, and had cervadil and pitocin which did NOTHING for me. The furthest I got was to a 2-3 cm dilated. I never really had any serious labor. (I didn't know what a contraction felt like until AFTER I had the kid!) I had miserable back-labor, and had my mom and husband in the room with me. Steve was very concerned about the pain I was in, and my mom did the wife in labor thing, "OF COURSE she's in pain!! You did this to her!!" I never got angry or upset with the man, the whole time I was in the hospital!! Just my mom! :DThey had to monitor my blood pressure, because it was VERY high (200-something/100-something...) and every half hour the cuff would go off. I went in on the fourth, and nothing happened until the next day. That night I was having anxiety about having a baby, and the nurse, who was a family friend, gave me a shot of morphine!! It was the BEST stuff!! All night long my thoughts wandered...I didn't really "sleep" just had thoughts wandering, and no cares! Around one o'clock the next day, my doctor decided that if I had an epidural that maybe I could relax enough to dilate. Unfortunately, the epidural knocked my blood pressure down to 60/40! They lost HIS heartbeat, and ended up flipping me upside-down on the bed. This whole time I was sick and throwing up....and was just miserable. They kept taking away my little emisis basin, and I was freaking out because I wasn't finished!! The nurses were shaking my belly to get Cam back, and prepped me for an emergency C-section. Finally, after getting into the room, his heartbeat came back, and I was allowed one person in the delivery room with me. When asked who I wanted, I said my mom, because Steve couldn't handle it (the whole time I had been going through this, he had been kicked out of the room and not allowed back in at all!)I didn't know, but the nurses gave Steve the option of coming in, and he turned it down anyway. (I've informed the man that the NEXT birth we have he WILL be in the room with me!! NO MATTER WHAT!) The anesthesiologist told me that I was pretty calm as opposed to how crazy I had been before. I told her it was because I didn't need to throw up any more! Then my mom came in the room and was in tears. I never really realized how scary everything had been! I remember seeing a lot of ceiling lights and blue for his birth....and my mom telling me, blow-by-blow what was happening. ("Your uterus looks like a boneless-skinless chicken!!" "Here comes your little boy....") After she told me that, I waited and asked if he was out. My mom told me that he had been out and gone for about a minute.An hour after his birth I got to go into the NICU to see him. The pediatrician was there running all sorts of tests because he had inhaled the merconium, had an enlarged liver and they couldn't find his kidneys. (Not the kind of thing a first-time mom WANTS to hear...) The nurses were going to allow me to nurse the boy, but the doctor said he couldn't because he was NPO. He never was a very good eater, and I place some of the blame on the fact that I couldn't nurse him immediately after delivery.His birth was pretty traumatic, and he ended up staying in the NICU for 6 days. He was 8 pounds 1 ounce, and was the biggest baby in the nursery! They were feeding the kid like he was a preemie...every 3 hours, even though it took him a full hour to eat one little bottle. Yeah, I have annoyances with how he was taken care of after his birth.Thankfully, after 6 days, I was able to take him home, and just enjoy him!******************************************************Suzanne said...
Happy Birthday Cameron!!!My son is 7 too and it's a good age. I've really enjoyed it so far!Hmm...a question! What is his favorite color and favorite food? :)Suzanne:His favorite color changes daily, today it's blue.He says his favorite food is pizza, although, if he could, he'd eat hot dogs ALL the time!*******************************************************mattsmom said...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDDO! Are we old? Your son's birthday is making me feel old! HEHE HAHACam...What is your biggest quirk?mattsmom:I feel like I'm having a "duh" moment.....what's a quirk!? Is it something odd that only you do?? Once I can figure it out, I will let you know! *doh*I guess his biggest quirk is his memory. The kid remembers EVERYTHING!! Even things that happened YEARS ago, he remembers!! Seriously, we can't do anything when he's around!*********************************************************CareBearMommy said...
Happy Birthday Cam!Blogger is being a dork. I posted a question on here yesterday about Cam, but when I just came back to check the answer, my question was, gasp, GONE! ANYway, I'll ask again... has Cameron ever lost or broken a pair of his glasses before?Carrie:Funny you ask....This last camping trip, the boy lost his glasses IN MY TENT!! I was being a lazy bum and was still in my sleeping bag, but Cam, the morning person in our family, was WIDE awake and ready to get dressed. He grabbed his glasses and put them ON my chest, then got dressed. In the midst of his dressing, he grabbed the glasses and POOF!! They disappeared!!I freaked out on the boy. Yelling, saying over and over, "We just can't afford to get you new glasses!!"So we left the tent, and my dad, who had heard my ranting, went into the tent with Cam, and they searched EVERYWHERE!! Somehow, they had ended up underneath, YES, UNDERNEATH my air mattress!!Thankfully, he hasn't lost them since!