Saturday, October 27, 2007

Trauma!!

It started out innocently enough. Cam has had 3 loose teeth for about a month, and lately, the ONE has been SOOOOOO loose that he can make his face look a LOT like Nanny McPhee's! (You know, scraggly tooth hanging over the bottom lip??) Last night I got tired of it, so I grabbed the boy, and began making some head-way on pulling that sucker out!
After squeaking and squawking for a while, it CAME!!
After taking many toothless smiling pictures, and convincing the boy that the Tooth Fairy only comes to CLEAN bedrooms (so she won't break her neck on toys lying about.) He began doing the "Nanny McPhee" face with the REMAINING tooth!! Enough of THAT!!
Mom held the boy down, and after more screaming and crying....OUT it came too!!
All in all, I'm a bad mommy....I yank teeth out! (But the Tooth Fairy is AWESOME, she gives 50 cents per tooth!! Except for the fact that the Tooth Fairy LOST one of the quarters....oops!)
Oh, and I'm thinking his Halloween costume is SUCH a good choice now....he's going to be a redneck! ;)

3 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

My mom used to tie a piece of thread to my teeth and the other end to a doorknob... and slam the door.

Your way is more humane!

Elena said...

Oh teeth trauma. I don't understand kids these days. When I was little and I felt a tooth wiggle, I worked on it all day cause I wanted $$$$! He looks cute with his toothless grin. Now you can say he's a jack-0-lanturn for halloween.

Sketchy said...

Oh yeah, check my tooth story too. We only got one though. But then again I "allowed" him to bang his head on the window frame to knock that sucker out.