Friday, July 28, 2006

Pretzel Salad and Quilts

I don't know why, but I'm feeling like my WHOLE week was gone in a flash! I can't believe it's the weekend already. Maybe it's because I've been recovering from a previous vacation, but I guess that's just how things go sometimes! We have my big JPH reunion tomorrow, and I thought I was all prepared for it, until I realized that I had to take a dish for the pot luck lunch. ACK!! Talk about running to the store fast quick for a good stand-by!! (Actually, it's what I'm famous for now...I usually get in trouble with my brothers if I DON'T bring it!) And since I have very little to share with all of you today, I'm going to share my recipe with you.


Dawnyel's FAMOUS Pretzel Salad
first layer:
2 cups crushed pretzels
3 Tbsp sugar
3/4 cup melted butter (don't substitute margarine...it doesn't work the same!)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook first layer in 13x9 inch pan for 7 minutes. Let cool.
second layer:
1 cup sugar
1 regular container whipped topping
8 oz. pkg of softened cream cheese
Whip these three ingredients together until smooth, then layer over COOLED crust. Make sure this layer covers the pretzels completely, or they will get soggy!
third layer:
1 large box raspberrry jello
2 cups boiling water
10 oz. (or larger) frozen raspberries
1 large can crushed pineapple (with juice)
Dissolve jello in boiling water, then add fruit. Pour over whipped topping layer, and put in fridge to set up for at least 2 hours.

It's simple and easy...my kind of cooking!! :) If it wasn't easy, I wouldn't do it!
One more thing....I'm showing off this amazing quilt that I helped SLIGHTLY with. (I cut many a jeans to help out the cause, but that's about it!) My mom and grandma Sue did the bulk of the work. I think it's GORGEOUS, and I hope that the person who wins it in the raffle tomorrow truly appreciates all of the hard work that was put into it!

2 comments:

Mall Worker said...

That salad sounds delicious! I'm going to have to make it!

I hope you have a great time at your reunion!

Anonymous said...

I have a very similar recipe with strawberries...yummmmmmm! I'm going to have to try yours with the raspberries.

Cool quilt! Have a great time at your reunion.