Monday, October 08, 2007

Random Picture Day

Our "snow-day" from Saturday. The snow was very heavy and wet. And we've LEARNED why trees lose their leaves in preparation of winter!! There were MANY trees around town that had fallen limbs, and the clean-up is STILL going on! Branches in the street is NOT good on the car!







Oh, and underneath these branches are our power lines!! YEAH, we were worried for a little while!! These trees are NORMALLY about as tall as our apartment building, but as you can see, they were (and still are) saggy!






Cam's happy birthday! Blow, baby, blow!! (Oh, and I actually MADE his whole cake by myself!! FROM SCRATCH!! Frost my buns and call me a chef!)











I was feeling extra crafty this weekend and actually MADE these pajama pants in about a half hour! (They're Cameron's Christmas jammies, but he doesn't know it yet! ;)











And I've already got some tile pictures made for Christmas, for my very in-active brother and brother-in-law!! *giggle* Yeah, I'm not very nice!! :P

6 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

First...consider yourself frosted!! That's one ultra cool cake!!

Love the jammies too!! I should make some! Are they hard?

Snow? Already?!! In CT it was 70 yesterday!!

nikko said...

Snow? I think it was 89° here in Texas over the weekend.

Cool pj's. Kids elastic waist pants are so easy and quick and fun to make!

Great looking cake!

Lana said...

cute pants!
I can't believe you have snow!

Dawnyel said...

Scrappy: About the jammies, NO!! It's not hard at all!! I got the pattern from Wally world...in the "sew easy" dept! (If they HAD been hard to make, then I probably wouldn't have made them!! Like I said though, only took me a half hour!!) *thumbs up!*

Suzanne said...

You're right, Dawnyel! Sewing pajama pants is easy! I don't sew very well at all, but I can always manage to do the flannel pants! At first I thought they were for you, but then I saw that they had race cars on them then read on to see that they were Cameron's! LOL!

Wasn't that storm that came through over the weekend crazy! We had to turn our furnace on. Brr...

Elena said...

I am glad you put a picture of the snow. We heard all about it in our 80 degree Boston weather, but I wanted to see it and you are the only person that posted a pic of it!

By the way, apparently there is a VT dinner tomorrow night at 6:30. I was supposed to inform you. :) I think I'll try to go, hope to see you there.