Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Another Doctor Appointment Down....Many More to Go

On Monday we (meaning me, Steve AND Cameron) went for my monthly check-up. We didn't wait too long when the nurse called us back. I was weighed (with shoes on, and STILL managed to lose weight...) and were ushered back to the room. Either they really like doing ultrasounds on big girls like me, or that was the only room available, but we were jammed into the teeny ultrasound room where Cam instantly found annoying, noisy toys.
The nurse took my blood pressure, which after being stuffed into that tiny room really wasn't the best. She then sent me to the little girl's room for a urine sample (the most fun part of ANY doctor's appointment, right? *eye rolling*) Anyway, once I came back to the room I read Cam the little board books that were there, and he loved it. Then Dr. H came in. She asked me how I was doing, and I told her about my little sleep problem (it's constant....even when I SHOULD be babysitting, cleaning or something else, all my body wants to do is sleep...) and she said it was normal with these meds and to get used to it. Then she added that I should probably be taking 3 pills a day instead of just 2....GREAT!! Just add to my sleepiness....*sigh*
Then she had me lie down and we did YET another ultrasound. This time it actually LOOKED like a baby. I could see it's little arms and legs, and I could even make out it's teeny face. She was pressing so hard on my tummy that the peanut JUMPED, or at least, that's what it looked like. Cam was so fascinated with it, and after she printed off the pictures and Cameron took them around, showing off "his" baby!
All in all, everything looks good, and I'm so relieved!! Only 2 more months until we can find out whether little peanut is a boy or a girl. :)

4 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad your dr. appointment went well today. Sounds like it was a nice little family advneture. When you DO find out what gender your little peanut is, you should TOTALLY have people guess before you announce it on your blog (except for me, whom you will call the moment you leave the dr. office).

BTW... I got your Christmas card and letter today.

Dawnyel said...

GOOD!! I wondered, I realized as I was placing the cards INTO the mailbox that I forgot to put return addresses on ALL of them!! (I'm such a dork somedays...)
Oh, and the Dr. Appt was on Monday....(I just didn't want to upstage my new Auntie status...)

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well!! What are they checking for when they take our pee? Methinks they are up to no good!! :)

Anonymous said...

Those first ultrasound pictures are so precious. I love that Cameron went around showing of his baby. That is too cute.