Friday, December 28, 2007

Answers for Friday

Sketchy said...
What was the best gift you received this year and what was the best gift you gave?

(And sorry if answering this question gets you in trouble from anyone who's gift you didn't choose as best.)
(And no answers like "the love of my Savior" or something like that, we know that comes first. I'm talking tangible, hold it in your hands kind of gift.)
Sketchy:
My absolute favorite gift I GOT this year was a jeans rag quilt that my mom made. She made one for EVERY one of her kids, and I live under my quilt when I'm downstairs!!
A few months ago she was making some of the quilts and I looked at her and said, "If all I got for Christmas was one of these quilts, I'd be happy..." Then she gave me THE look. She then told me that the quilts WERE for Christmas, so I shut-up. But you know, I think I was the MOST shocked when we opened them....just because my brain INSTANTLY forgot about them!!
The best gift I GAVE would have to be my "sneaky" gift. I drew my younger, rebellious brother's name for Christmas, and I had NO idea WHAT to get for him. So after thinking about it, I decided to make him a tile picture of the Savior. I don't know WHAT he'll think about it (he never came up for Christmas, and his gifts are waiting at my parents' house, because he didn't let us know he wasn't coming until Christmas Eve afternoon....) but I'm sure he'll THINK about it when he gets it!
********************************************************
CareBearMommy said...
Another Christmas gift-related question... what did Santa bring for everyone this year?
And what is/was your favorite holiday treat? (I should know this one by now, but I don't).
Carrie:
Santa brought Cameron a skateboard and helmet (WITH the elbow and knee pads), in his stocking he got an orange, a coloring book, twisty crayons, matchbox cars, a tie, and a CTR ring. For Steve, Santa brought a bag of York peppermint patties. For me, Santa brought a box of chocolate covered cherry sticks and the directions for Cam's skateboarding stuff.
My favorite holiday treat of ALL time is my Grandma's fruitcake, but since she doesn't make it any more...I love fudge, or chocolate covered orange/cherry sticks. Either way, GIVE ME CHOCOLATE!!

No comments: