Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bored Out of My Mind

I can't believe how bored I am right now! After our fun family outing, we've just been boring homebodies. With my husband's graveyard shifts it just kinda happens that way, but what's my excuse?? I could go out and do things, but I guess I'm too much of a follower! I have to have someone with me or I feel out of place. Today I thought we were all set for another evening of boredom at home, when just as Cam went to bed and Steve was getting ready for work I got a call from one of my friends. She's been calling us on and off for a few weeks inviting us to go to her house for a get together/hot dog barbecue. Last week I told her that we could go and then I promptly forgot all about it. She called me tonight and I immediately asked her if it was tonight, she told me it was and I got depressed even further. Man, I'm such a ditz! I forget things ALL of the time! I apologized to her and then I went upstairs to tell Steve what we had forgotten. I asked him if he knew what was going on tonight and he said, "The barbecue?" I was shocked...he remembered?? And he didn't tell me!! What's wrong with this picture? He told me that he remembered at 7:15 and figured that she didn't really want us there if she didn't call to remind us. I love the guy, but geez!! He's supposed to help his spazzo wife remember stuff! IT'S HIS OTHER JOB!! Oh, well. I just hope that I can remember the next big activity without forgetting. *duh*
On top of my forgetfulness I got another call from my friend L. She called during dinner, and we don't answer the phone during that time...normally. Anyway, we waited and waited for her message, but she never left one. I really hope that she isn't mad at me. Like I mentioned before...I forget things...often times forgetting to call people back! I guess I'm just the dork of the night tonight.
***********
Now for my primary plans for tomorrow.
The schedule is the same as last week, even the singing time songs. But now that I've finished with my extra class, I'm back to doing what I do best...Junior Primary! YAY!! I wasn't very good with the Senior primary...I got them to sing, but not enjoying it like I think they should. For singing time last week I don't think that they taught the new song, Dearest Children, God is Near You, to the young ones, so I think I'll be doing that. And then review...review....REVIEW of the Fathers' Day songs: Daddy's Homecoming and The Dearest Names. We'll sing the songs and then play "Stop and Go." I made a really cute stop and go sign that I stuck on a stir stick for painting and I've left in the primary closet. When the stop sign is facing the kids they have to stop singing the words, and when the go sign is facing them they have to pick up where the music is. Hopefully the kids will forget that they're singing the same song over and over and over and have fun. That's what makes singing time fun for everyone!

2 comments:

Melzie said...

Com eplay with me!! I love bing a boring homebody-- I need some boring in my life right now... we have final walk through in the morning-- I'm putting off cleaning the fridge. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you were bored! I am glad that i was there to chat with that night!
Don't feel too bad about being forgetful! It comes with being a mom...I am pretty sure that in the womb the child gets a portion of the mothers memory related brain cells! I can't even imagine how bad I would be with more than one kid rght now!