Thursday, May 31, 2007
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
Saturday, May 19, 2007
I have since visited her grave every year, and slowly rub my hand along her headstone. I think in my heart I have said good bye, but with friends, is there ever a true farewell?
Friday, May 18, 2007
Did you ever, or do you still, watch ER?
Where were you during hands across America? Did you break the link?
Are you feeling well? You look a bit green today!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Blackeyedsue tagged me for a 7 random things meme. Oh, how I love randomness...it's my LIFE!
- I keep piles of things around my house. Yes, I'm a major pack-rat, and I think, "If I toss this, I'll need it tomorrow..." But I'm also SUPER lazy, so I have a pile of garbage behind my nightstand...(old candy wrappers and stuff....)
- My second toe is longer than my big toe. Yes, in Shallow Hal when they bashed that one woman for having the long second toe, I was offended. But personally, I think my tootsies are cute!
- I love to watch cooking shows, but I HATE cooking. Watching them just makes me feel like I'm doing something productive, when in reality, I'm not. (Rachael Ray, Giada DeLaurentis, Paula Dean and Alton Brown are some of my FAVS!)
- I ripped my bra last night when I was getting ready for bed. NO, I'm not super woman, it was an old bra, and I was in a hurry to yank it off. (I HATE wearing bras!! If I didn't need one so badly, I'd go without!)
- I have a highly sensitive sense of smell. My family has been known to ask me if something smells "off." I'm constantly reminded of this "gift" every day. Last night, my reminder came when I was trying to satisfy my thirst and I smelled my water...it smelled like fish! EW! I tried to drink as fast as I could so I wouldn't smell it...
- I love to stay up late and watch Family Guy on Adult Swim. Yes, it's a crude show...filled with farts, burps and sex talk, but it's FUNNY! Last night I stayed up and watched it while eating my Halloween candy. (Yeah, I still have a HUGE bowlful!)
- I'm all about keeping things simple. My wedding reception is a good example. It was in my parents' house, using borrowed things, a simple wedding cake, and minimal decorations. BUT, my sister's reception was OVER the TOP! My mom would comment to me about how much easier my reception was...but its because we're different creatures. (Not one better than the other, just different!) If it's simple and nice, I'm ALL for it! :)
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
I got a call yesterday from my brother-in-law and he said he was glad that I answered, because he wanted to talk to me....not his brother. He told me that he needed some advice, and didn't know who else to talk to. His girlfriend just found out that she's pregnant, and they're both stressing out. Andrew was worried about how to tell his parents. He never told them that he and Camille were even living together, so I took the initiative and told them about a month ago. (Yes, I'm bossy and pushy!) He was relieved that they already knew. But I told him that HE needs to tell them about what's going on with Camille. (She's been in and out of the hospital with bleeding and cramping...scary stuff!)
Friday, May 11, 2007
Am I the ONLY one that thinks it's strange that Cinderella, in her free time, made clothes for mice? I mean seriously... she sat up in her room making clothes for mice and birds. Whenever *I* see one... the LAST thing on my mind is that they could use a parka. I'm usually trying to shoo them away from me! I've come to the conclusion that, after years of being mistreated, she was crazier than a naked rat in a craphouse!
I think Cinderella should have plotted her stepmother's and stepsisters' deaths instead of singing and making clothing for rodents. I mean, she had full access to their food. What's a little rat poison in the oatmeal, more or less? Now THAT would be an interesting Disney movie.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
One night, while we were just sitting around discussing nothing in particular, we began talking about the "weird" talents we have. And, since several of us made up the ward's activity committee, we decided that it would be fun to have an UNtalent show. One where we could show off the stranger talents we have. One guy, I remember, had "elastic" skin. It was super freaky. Another could twist his arm around...truthfully, we were QUITE a group!
Once we decided on this activity, I had a few talents immediately pop into my head: my Elvis lips, my freaky eyebrows, my whistle, and my baby-singing.
Here are my Elvis lips. I can only do them in one direction...but my sister and mom can go BOTH directions...SO cool! Usually when I do my lips people will look at me like I'm a psycho crazy lady, but who cares!?
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Monday, May 07, 2007
Friday, May 04, 2007
I was just reminiscing about your drill team days. How many years were you in drill team? Do you still have my "favorite" picture of you posing in the pink leotard? If so, would you be brave enough to post it on your blog?
Why doesn't the Sharif like it? When you rock the cashbah?
Do you dream in color or black and white?
Hmm...What is your ideal romantic date? Can you touch your tongue to your nose? What is your favorite LDS temple?
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
- I watched the "American Experience" on PBS last night. The topic?? The Mormons. Overall, I was glad that it wasn't a total bashing event, but I was disappointed on the things that they DID choose to focus on. (Polygamy, Mountain Meadow Massacre....) I'm anxious to watch tonight...see how they paint modern Latter-day Saints.
- HEROES is back, and I'm SO happy! I'm sad that there are only 3 episodes left, and I'm FURIOUS that my hubby refuses to give this show a chance! He tells me that there is NO way this show can survive another season...I don't believe him! (And to find that a dear high school friend ALSO loves Heroes is an added bonus! MORE happiness for me!)
- As some of you know, I watch The View daily...just to watch the Rosie train-wrecks. Now to find that she's leaving...I have to admit, I'm not sad to see her go....taking her soap-box with her! *sigh* There isn't a show that I've watched lately where she hasn't mentioned one of these topics: Bush, Iraq, or Democrats. We know your stance lady, but can't you let the OTHER opinions talk too?! Now with her leaving maybe Elisabeth can get a word or complete thought out without being interrupted!
- I'm THRILLED that the trees here are FINALLY in bloom! While driving down the road, I pointed to an extremely bloomed tree and told my husband, "Look, it's FLUFFY!" Of course, he laughed!
- On an upsetting note, my LOVELY neighbors had some little kid POUNDING on their piano earlier today, I was FURIOUS...I had both boys napping, and I was pleasantly snoozing as well. The piano sounded like it was IN my living room! ARGH! After Baby J woke up, I stood up, stormed over to the wall, and began knocking...in the process, I knocked 2 of my pictures off...breaking the glass in one of the frames! :(
- AND it's MAY!! That means two things, 1. Camping for Memorial Day weekend! I'm SO excited, I can't even begin to express! 2. Steve's 30th birthday is coming up...I'm WAY excited for THOSE plans too! ;)
And now, blogs that I think are WORTHY of the Thinking Award are like little insights into people that I feel I know well, even though we haven't met in real life!