Friday, October 12, 2007

Answers

Rachau said...
Could you give me a recipe that is only made by you!
Something you might be asked to take to things.That you are well known for!
Also i would like to know why the sky is blue and we have bad rain?
;)Rach
Rach:
I so miss you, woman!! *kiss kiss*
I'm well known for my banana bread and my pretzel salads. My brothers often make requests for BOTH at family functions or whatever.
Since I've shared my pretzel salad, I'll give you my banana bread recipe...just beware, IT'S SUPER YUMMY!! :D
Dawnyel's Banana Bread
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 or 3 ripe bananas (my trick is to FREEZE the bananas, then let them defrost the night before I'm going to make the bread....it makes them mushy!)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbs. sour milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
nuts (optional....but make it SOOOOO yummy! ;) )
Cream together butter and sugar. Add remaining ingredients, and mix until combined, but NOT thoroughly....it can still be lumpy.
Pour into greased bread pan and bake at 300 degrees for one hour.
(If you double this batch, it makes 3 loafs!)
For your next question: the sky is blue because it would look funny if it was green. And I've NEVER seen a rain I didn't like! ;)
********************************************************
Jami said...
Oh, this is a good one!!! I'll have to think on it!
Jami:
I'm waiting! :D
********************************************************
Kim said...
Did you and Steve ever find time to properly celebrate your anniversary? Hopin' you did! ;)
Kim:
We DID find some time. We didn't really go out to dinner, but got some lunch and rented some movies. He also bought me a bouquet and a bag of Dove milk chocolate promises!! :D
He's a good boy!
*********************************************************
One Scrappy Gal said...
Do you still think about becoming a sign language interpreter for the deaf? What stopped you?
Scrappy:
It's still my dream to be a sign language interpreter! The thing that stopped (and is STILL stopping me) is my lack of sign language knowledge. When I met Steve I dropped out of school to be a wife and soon after that a mommy. But I hope that someday I will be able to finish college and get that degree....in the mean time, I've been learning a few signs here and there, and I'm an EXPERT on finger-spelling!
One Scrappy Gal said...
P.S. The first part of the song "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys goes like this:
I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
I'll make you so sure about it
Wouldn't saying "I may not always love you" make you doubt it? Seriously?!
Scrappy:
Yes, it would make me doubt it! :S
*******************************************************
Elena Manwaring said...
Any idea why flags were at half mast in MA last weekend? And were they half mast here as well?
Elena:
I have NO idea why they were half-mast in MA...but they're half mast here for that soldier who died in Iraq. He grew up in town, and they are having his funeral on Saturday.

1 comment:

Rachau said...

Thanks for the recipes.I am going to make them.