Friday, December 07, 2007

Answers

Elena said...
Man, I feel like I haven't done one of these forever! First up, what play and what part for Steve? Second, What is one of your favorite Christmas recipes or treats?
Elena:
(I know about NOT doing this for a while, I took the last 2 weeks off....slacker, me!)
DON'T ask me about Steve's play!! (Because I don't know the details!) ;) All I know is that he's the butler in a murder mystery. The rest....???? (And to be honest, I don't care! Yes, I know that sounds bitter, but I am still a bit bitter over the whole thing....)
One of my ALL time favorite Christmas treats is my Grandma F's fruit cake. But I haven't had it for EONS!! She's gotten older, and she's so fragile that she can't make it anymore, and that makes me sad.
*******************************************************
Kim said...
What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? What is your Christmas Eve tradition?
Kim:
My all-time FAVORITE Christmas movie is "It's a Wonderful Life." I get weepy just THINKING about that movie. My mom and I try to get together before Christmas and watch it together (since both our husbands don't like that movie...)
On Christmas Eve we visit grandparents, eat and laugh with cousins, drive around town seeing the extreme Christmas light displays, and then we come home, make sugar cookies, set out a plate for Santa, (eat a few too), and open our Christmas jammies. :)
*******************************************************
One Scrappy Gal said...
Any bizarre cravings yet?
Also... what's the world's fascinations with dipheads like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears? I'm tired of seeing them everywhere!
Scrappy:
No "bizarre" cravings, but I do crave things like chicken, cheese, eggnog (thank goodness it's in season!), or chili cheese fries. I do get my cravings at odd times though. Like the other night Steve and I were having a quiet evening just watching tv, and I suddenly looked at him and said, "Hawaiian PIZZA!!" *drool drool!*
I think people have SUCH a fascination with "dipheads" (*hee hee*) because they like looking at someone else fail miserably at their life, so that they don't have to think about the stuff going on in their OWN lives. For them, reading about idiots is a way to say, "Hey, my life's NOT so bad, look at how crappy those rich snobby girls' lives are!"
***********************************************************
Anonymous said...
I have a question for ya! Christmas cards. If i send them to people and do not get one back in return.( This has been going on for over 4 or 5 years) Can i take them off my list for next year. After all have way to many to send and it would be nice to save the money and put towards a gift for someone.Also what Christmas music do you like to play?
Rach
Rach:
Personally, I'm not usually one to send out Christmas cards. I grew up with the notion, that making them out, mailing them, blah, blah, blah.....was a waste of time. So I rarely send them out. (This year, I'm actually doing it though, and I feel pretty proud of myself!)
Anyway, every year we look forward to the cards we DO get in the mail from others. And I know that some of them are thinking, "Sheesh, that Dawnyel-Steve family!! We NEVER hear from them!!" But we can generally count on getting cards anyway.
So what all my rambling is leading to is this: Keep sending your cards, because you'll never know who truly counts on them! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL you are so funny. Thanks for your wisdom!:)
Rach