Saturday, December 30, 2006
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and hope you plan to have an enjoyable New Year too!
Sunday, December 24, 2006
"There were three kings who followed the Star of Bethlehem
They came from afar, to praise and honor him.
The light which beckoned them to seek
The Lord of men; it calls to you, it calls to me...
...We’re not alone, we have a star that shines today.
The love that He gave teaches how and shows the way.
The light is clear to see, if we have faith and believe:
Three Kings found the Lord, and so can we...
...And if you’ve lost your way, that light burns bright today
and it will shine eternally...
...Lord help us find a way, we need to find a way
We need to find a way back home.
Three kings found the Lord and so can we!"
Here's the last song of my game. Good luck everyone, and Merry Christmas!
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
Well, I figured that the ice storm was over, I'd only thrown 2 pieces of ice, so he was done, right? Uh...wrong!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
So I'm a little busy today. I apologize for not being a good blog-reader, but I'm living my real life! YAY! I got a surprise call from my friend from Boston. She's in town and wants to see us tonight. I'm hurrying to do this so I can be free to have fun with her. I'm so excited!
The winner, yet again, is Rachelle. I told you she was a smart lady! The answer was I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus. She was so excited to get the answer that she didn't even notice my "living room tour!" *hee hee* That's okay, we all know where her priorities are!
Here's the next song, good luck one and all!
May the Deity bestow an absence of fatigue to mild male humans
My evening with my friend was fabulous! We caught up on what's been going on in each other's lives. I got to see her adorable baby girl, and I had an over-all enjoyable night! I NEED to do this again soon!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
This is my lovely VCR/DVD player, oh, and look, there's my new pictures on top. My, now isn't that convenient?
Here's the crack in my wall, oh, and look, there are a few more pictures that are new! One of our whole family and one of the two who made it all possible! (Oh, and the window looking picture is one that I made at Enrichment. It says, "Family, a journey to forever.")
And this is my shelf that is on top of my entertainment center. Oh, and a single picture of both my husband and I. How did those get there!?
Rachelle won for today, even though she was unsure. The correct answer was We Wish You a Merry Christmas. She's another one of those smart teacher-ladies. :)Here's the next song, good luck!
Parent was observed osculating a red-coated unshaven teamster
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
Saturday, December 16, 2006
We then took pictures and were off to Angie's to eat lunch. My sister had called earlier this week to make reservations, but they were swamped when we got there. So we had a group of 16 people spread over two tables in different parts of the room. My sister and brother were thoroughly upset, but it was all good.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Okay, so I shouldn't be doing ALL of those things, but I think I'm getting better. I was feeling bad today after watching several shows where the ladies are pregnant with their second babies, but their older children are only 2 or 3. I just want to scream out that it ISN'T FAIR! But then I calm myself down and think, when I DO have more children I'll treasure them so much more than I would have if I had them years ago. Trying to have a baby is ROUGH work...especially when it doesn't go the way you hope!
Anyway, enough of wallowing in self-pity...back to my fun Christmas game! (I need to get more Christmassy anyway!) We have THREE winners. I guess that's the hazard I get running three different songs! :) Our winners are Rachelle who correctly guessed the THIRD song as Let it Snow, Cat for getting the FIRST song which was Jingle Bells, and Anne/Kq for getting the SECOND song which is As Shepherds Watched their Flocks By Night.
Now back to the game, if you want to win try to correctly guess the mixed up Christmas carol titles first. Then I'll put your name and linky on my next post. Good luck!
Have hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief
Boulder of the tinkling metal spheres
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Suzanne is kicking everyone's butt! She's gotten so many of the songs correct that I'm slightly tempted to rename the game "The beat Suzanne, if you can, game!" But I won't! The answers WERE Oh Little Town of Bethlehem, I Saw 3 Ships, and Hark, the Herald Angels Sing. She's a tough one to beat!
OOOH! He just makes me SO mad sometimes! I just got back from taking Cam to therapy and doing some errands. I was telling him what was going on when he starts in lecturing me about things I'm going to HAVE to do next week. (Just so you know, I'm on jury duty next week, and I have to call into the office at least ONCE a week while I'm on....) So he's telling me all of this stuff that he says I HAVE to do...like calling in EVERY DAY, and I tell him, "No, I just have to follow their instructions." Now granted, when I said this to him, I didn't really SAY it to him...I pretty much growled and yelled at the same time. Then he goes into a whole lecture about how grouchy I am.
THIS IS NOT HELPING MY SITUATION! Telling me I'm grouchy when I'm grouchy is a one-way ticket to GROUCH-VILLE! UGH! Learn from past mistakes, dude!
Then when I sit down on the couch and I grab the remote and change the channel to something I'd rather watch. He then demands to know what I think I'm doing. I tell him I'm changing the channel. To which he again LECTURES me on how he was there first. Uh....How many times do you do this to me?? Try everyday! I say this to him...yes, I'm still pissed off, and he then mutters UNDER his breath, "PMS!"
With those three letters I'm off. I chuck the remote at the dork, and fume up the stairs to cool off. Is it working? Not quite!
On top of my "grouchiness" we've got a few other things going on. Steve's grandpa is in the hospital in Spokane, undergoing some pretty intense things. He's got some blood clots moving to his brain and they're attempting to destroy the clots with laser surgery. (Don't ask me all of the details, all I hear is what Steve's family tells HIM.) They're calling and texting everyone to let them know what's going on. I'm stressing about that, and getting PMS isn't really helping me cope! UGH!
My parents took in another exchange student last week with the idea that they'd be able to keep him for the rest of the school year, but due to some international rules, they can't. And I really bonded with this guy! I don't want to see him go, but he's going.
We have very little food in the house and I'm STARVING, but even if we DID have food, I couldn't eat much of it anyway because my jaw is KILLING me!
Then I'm STILL recovering from my teeth being pulled yesterday. It still hurts like it did before they were pulled, but now I have tender gums where they yanked the teeth out of my head. I had to wake up and take some pain killers early this morning, then try to sleep. Let me tell you, it was NOT a fun morning!
I'm so sorry for this post, but I had to get it all out of my system. I'm not really feeling up to doing the game today, so I'll do it another time. I just had to vent and try to get my feelings OFF my chest and see things in a different way.
The ONE ray of happiness in all of this crud going on is that my friend Carrie had her baby today. She called me and we talked for a while. I'm just glad she and her family are doing fine.
Monday, December 11, 2006
That exiguous hamlet south of the holy city
Behold! I envisioned a trio of nautical vessels
Listen, the winged heavenly messengers are proclaiming tunefully
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Something from the book order, but do you think I could remember it?? I know it was a Berenstein Bears book, but I couldn’t tell you whether it was the messy room one, or the junk food one.
I was NOT a re-reader as a child. I was a re-listener, but once I could read, and HAD to read, I’d only do it if I had to! When I had a choice of books to LISTEN to I’d usually pick "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?"
That would be "Where the Red Fern Grows." I had to read it for a book report in 4th or 5th grade (so I would have been about 10 or 11), but I can’t really remember. I just remember thinking, "Gee, if all books ended like this one, I will NEVER read again!"
The whole Arthur series. I didn’t read them when I was younger, but my son and I both love to read them over and over! Such good lessons found there!
Friday, December 08, 2006
My brother dismantled my computer and took it to my mom's house where he did something with the video card (which we hadn't used until recently) and poof! It worked JUST like it had before! Miracle of miracles! I really wasn't looking forward to reinstalling EVERYTHING, and now we won't! He said the video card was one that had given him problems before, so he's sending it back to the people he bought it from. Maybe they'll fix it THIS time, but then again, maybe not. Either way, I'm glad to have my computer back to normal! (Well, once we finish downloading some extra stuff, it will be back to normal!)
The winner today is my good friend (IN REAL LIFE) Kim! Or as we like to call her, Kimby!
She guessed the songs were The 12 days of Christmas, Do you Hear what I hear?, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. But she's one of those smart teacher-ladies...so it's RIGHT up her alley! She's so SMART!
I've decided not to play my game on the weekends, but I'll do it today (cuz it's Friday!)
The rules are: I'm going to post mixed up titles to Christmas Carols and you, my dear readers, get to guess the songs. The first one to guess gets their name put up with a link to their blog...well, only if they want! And then they get the pride of knowing mixed up songs!
Okay, enough of my rambling words...
Song #1: Stepping on the pad cover
Song #2: Far back in the hay bin
Song #3: Leave and do an elevated broadcast
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Do you perceive the same longitudinal pressure which simulates my auditory sense organs?
The red-suited pa is due in this burg
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Song #6: Present me naughty but dual incisors for this festive Yuletide
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
And the answers for the second and third songs WERE the Little Drummer Boy and Deck the Halls. Good for those of you who guessed it! (Please excuse my sad attempt at making an award for those winners!)
Monday, December 04, 2006
My attempt at playing games isn't going so well. Again the rules are: I will post the words to a mixed up Christmas carol, and you get to figure out the songs. Since no one has gotten the first song of my game I'll add another and maybe we'll get someone who's smart enough to figure out the answer! (I had to have a hint, then Steve figured it out...so I'm not smart!) But like I said, that one was HARD!
The bug that has been zooming around has finally landed here! I threw up my guts over and over yesterday. I felt bad about not going to church, but I really didn't think they'd appreciate me puking all over those sweet little kids! So I called in sick, and pretty much slept and tried to get better. Thankfully I'm doing fabulous today!
I'm SO grateful for prayer right now! I can't even begin to tell you, but I'll try!
Lately we've really been struggling just to get by. And with Christmas rapidly approaching I've really gone into stress mode. We just have a few presents we wanted to get for Cameron, but with each pay day gone by it seems less and less likely that we'll be able to pull it off. I've thought about putting off some of our bills, hoping the mean collectors will have a heart, just once, but then I worry that we'll never catch up! Anyway, I've been worrying and praying all weekend long that we'll somehow find a way to make Christmas nice for Cam without stretching ourselves to the limit. Then today I got a call. It was my Relief Society President. She said that she's had me on her mind all weekend long, and wondered if we needed any help with Christmas.
Can you imagine my TEARS?! I told her how we've been really struggling and how I was worried about getting things for Cameron. We talked for a half hour and at the end of that time my worries were eliminated! GONE! I can tell you now, that God does look out for us. Even when it seems small and insignificant to our eyes, He loves us and will help us when we ask for it!
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Friday, December 01, 2006
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Stephens' Mint Truffle Hot Chocolate! (TO DIE FOR!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? One big one is unwrapped, but the little ones are wrapped and shoved in the stocking
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored! (Our first year of marriage I tried doing ALL blue lights, but it looked really depressing...so we're all color now!)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? no
5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving night!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? HAM! (I love ham at all times, but it's especially yummy on Christmas!)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going to my great-grandparents' houses on Christmas Eve! At one we'd mingle (if we could move) and eat and laugh, at the other one Santa's elves would always bring a bag o' goodies!
8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I was always a doubter! I had a feeling about him when I was 4! YES! But I got over that one when he visited my house while I was still awake! How nice of him to drop in! Anyway, I asked my mom when I was 11 or 12, and her response to me was, "What do you think?" Then I knew! (But I totally believe in Santa! Don't you believe in yourself or your husband!?)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, it's pajamas. Same box and everything every year!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It's got a little bit of EVERYTHING on it! We buy one set of ornaments every year, and then we just mix them all together.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Between the days of Thanksgiving and Christmas I LOVE it, any other time it's a nuisance!
12. Can you ice skate? Uh...I tried once, but hurt my feet really bad! I grip with my toes when I feel like I'm falling, so you can tell what happened to my toes...Never went back, so NO!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Uh, I remember a few. My biggest laugh of a present happened when "Santa" bought me tires for my car. I ended up buying one of those big Cookie monster toys so I had a present next to my stocking. I put that out and my little brother kept asking my mom and dad where they got it. And they could honestly tell him, they DIDN'T get it! *hee hee*
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family and friends. Renewing my love of the Savior and just thinking more about Him!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love my grandma F's homemade fruit cake! Mmmmmm! Or Divinity...either way, pass me some!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Visiting my grandparents on Christmas Eve. I LOVE seeing all of my cousins and just talking and laughing about anything and everything! And I love driving around to see the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve! So pretty!
17. What tops your tree? A gold and glass star. We're still looking for a prettier one!
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? GIVING!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Actually I have TONS! I love all of the old ones that they play on Polar Express, and I love, love, LOVE the Forgotten Carols! Actually, I just love ANY Christmas music! The 12 pains of Christmas ALWAYS makes me giggle, but so does the Muppet's 12 days! Ya know, just put me down for ALL!
I'm just excited that the season is here, and I'm free to be my obnoxious Christmassy self! If you want to do this, let me know, I'll come and read it! :)