Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reflections On the Past Year

Man, have I been out of it, or what!? My past week has been long and uneventful. I've mostly been playing with Cameron's new toys and just vegetating. It's been heavenly! The only thing is I've noticed my personal time is not mine anymore. I used to be able to go to the bathroom pretty much on my own any time I wanted, sure Cam would peek in on me to see where I was, but I was pretty much on my own. Not the case anymore! Now he MUST know where I am, what I'm doing at ALL times! Does this EVER go away?
This last year for me has brought many new things: Cam's entrance to Kindergarten, and the fright we've had with his NF1. Steve's fun with his play, and his worry at his grandparents' failing health. My insanity taking on more kids when I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it, and then my strength at standing up for me and my family. Lessons have been learned: Fight for what you know to be right, but don't be so stubborn that you don't listen to all solutions.
We got to take our first family vacation (with just the three of us) and had a ball.
This year I discovered the joy of blogging, and in the process have made many new friends whom I feel I could meet in real life and pick up conversations and just talk for hours on end. For those new friends, thank you for letting me into your lives, and for joining me on my ups and downs.
This year is nearly gone, and the next is just around the corner. I'm excited for the changes it too will bring, but fearful of the unknown.
Here's hoping this coming year will be another great adventure!

6 comments:

nikko said...

Dawnyel... I've enjoyed getting to know you. Happy New Year to you, too!

Lisa M. said...

Time seems to just come and go doesn't it.

YEA for Kindergarden. I am nervous for that one.

Good to have learned what to fight for. That is a lesson I keep having to re-learn over and over.

I wish you all the best, for the forth coming year!

Melzie said...

Happy New Year! I posted a blog review as well. I must say, I am ever so thankful for friendships I've been able to make via blogging.. so much love, strength, and.. "girlfriends" when I/we need them. Have a wonderful new year!!!

Suzanne said...

I've enjoyed getting to know you better! Happy New Year! :D

Mel said...

Cheers to a new year! It's been fun following your blog/life.

Mall Worker said...

Happy New Year Dawnyel!