Monday, December 04, 2006

God Loves ME! (Oh, and Other Happenings...)

My attempt at playing games isn't going so well. Again the rules are: I will post the words to a mixed up Christmas carol, and you get to figure out the songs. Since no one has gotten the first song of my game I'll add another and maybe we'll get someone who's smart enough to figure out the answer! (I had to have a hint, then Steve figured it out...so I'm not smart!) But like I said, that one was HARD!

Song:
The apartment of 2 psychiatrists (Hint: There really aren't any WORDS to this particular song!)
Song #2:
The lad is a diminutive percussionist
And as an ADDED bonus Song #3:
Decorate the entry-ways
Good luck!

The bug that has been zooming around has finally landed here! I threw up my guts over and over yesterday. I felt bad about not going to church, but I really didn't think they'd appreciate me puking all over those sweet little kids! So I called in sick, and pretty much slept and tried to get better. Thankfully I'm doing fabulous today!

I'm SO grateful for prayer right now! I can't even begin to tell you, but I'll try!

Lately we've really been struggling just to get by. And with Christmas rapidly approaching I've really gone into stress mode. We just have a few presents we wanted to get for Cameron, but with each pay day gone by it seems less and less likely that we'll be able to pull it off. I've thought about putting off some of our bills, hoping the mean collectors will have a heart, just once, but then I worry that we'll never catch up! Anyway, I've been worrying and praying all weekend long that we'll somehow find a way to make Christmas nice for Cam without stretching ourselves to the limit. Then today I got a call. It was my Relief Society President. She said that she's had me on her mind all weekend long, and wondered if we needed any help with Christmas.

Can you imagine my TEARS?! I told her how we've been really struggling and how I was worried about getting things for Cameron. We talked for a half hour and at the end of that time my worries were eliminated! GONE! I can tell you now, that God does look out for us. Even when it seems small and insignificant to our eyes, He loves us and will help us when we ask for it!

7 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Just keep your fingers crossed that Steve or Cameron don't get that crud. When I got it a few months back, that was the first time I had been barf-o sick (not pregnancy relatd) since I got married. It's nooooooo fun.

That is so awesome that your RS president gave you a call, especially now when you've been worried about making ends meat and providing a Christmas for Cam. I hope you're able to have a happy, (mostly) worry free Christmas season.

Kim said...

Thank God for answering prayers, that are truly needed! It's only been during the past few years that I've truly realized how it feels to really pray and be answered!!! I'm sure Cam will have a great Christmas. I'm still stumped on the first carol you blogged, but I'll guess the second two.
#2: Little Drummer Boy
#3: Deck the Halls

Dawnyel said...

Okay, since the first one is SO hard, I'll give you ANOTHER clue! This isn't so much a Christmas carol as a performance that is shown ALL over during this time of year! (Don't let the #2 throw you off...In fact...COMPLETELY ignore "2"!!)

Anonymous said...

*HUGS* Yay for blessings... and so glad you are feeling better too

Mama D said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better and less worried. Christmas can be a stressful time.

Suzanne said...

What a testament that Heavenly Father knows our concerns and uses others to bless us!

1. I still have no idea!!!
2. The Little Drummer Boy
3. Deck the Halls

:)

Anonymous said...

My guess for #1 is The Nutcracker. Probably not correct, but still funny. :) Psychiatrists...nutcrackers... ha ha ha. *returns to living under a rock*