Friday, December 22, 2006

Just For Carrie...The Ice Cube

Well, I've been thinking about it, and I'm going to put up the story of the ice cube. (Mostly to stop Carrie from whining about it! And also to remind myself of it for YEARS before my brain forgets all of the details!)
While we were eating lunch in Logan last week, at a completely different table than the rest of the people we were with, my brother, Daren, and I got into a bit of an ice cube fight. He'd been teasing me mercilessly about drinking out of the pitcher, and I grabbed a few ice cubes and lobbed them at his head while he was attempting to nap at the table. Unfortunately for me, they bounced right off of his beautiful curls! (He's only recently let his curls grow out...) He looked at me with that look I've come to be afraid of. I knew retribution would come, but waiting is ALWAYS the problem!
After a few minutes an ice cube came and bounced off of my chest. He laughed, I laughed and we went on with the conversation. Hey, I thought to myself, that wasn't so bad.
After a few more seconds another one bounced closer to my cleavage. He laughed harder. He then told us that he was AIMING for my cleavage. Hmmm...WHY!?
Well, I figured that the ice storm was over, I'd only thrown 2 pieces of ice, so he was done, right? Uh...wrong!
The final ice cube came flying through the air. (Now imagine all of this in SLOW MOTION) The ice landed right in my cleavage falling to the bottom of my bra...making it's way around my boob to the underside. Slowly melting underneath my boob...making a lovely puddle for me to deal with later. I made a squealing noise, and just sat there while the COLD ice melted under my boob. I was FREAKIN' cold! My brother's laughter was uncontrollable at this time, but it got worse once we left the building and went outside. My chants that I were cold put him over the top. My mom, after witnessing the whole thing, said, "Why didn't you just reach down and pull the ice out?"
UH...did you really want me shoving my hand DOWN my shirt to fish out a little ice cube?! That would have REALLY drawn attention to us...no, I'll just deal with it!
And there you go, the story of the ice cube.
Yesterday it took me FOREVER to post...I was so annoyed! But all is good, I have a winner in Carrie who correctly identified God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. And the fact that she was first is not such a BIG deal...she commented at midnight! Go to bed girlie!
Here's the next song:
Natal celebration devoid of color, rather albino, as a hallucinatory phenomenon for me
Good luck!

5 comments:

Lynanne said...

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas?

and the ice cube story is too funny! It's much cleaner than the ketchup packet fight my brother and I got into (and I ended up squirting the ketchup all over myself when the packet squirted backwards). Oh how mature we are when around our siblings!

CareBearMommy said...

What a beautiful storoy. It brought tears (of laughter) to my eyes. Thankyou for FINALLY sharing it.

Somehow, I'm not surprised that it involved a boob.

Mama D said...

Merry Christmas Dawnyel!

Anonymous said...

nice! I will always appreciate that story! AND, I am with Carrie...not too surprised that it involved your boobs! HAHAHA! Thanks for sharing! HAHAHA! Somehow we all manage to turn into teenagers again when we are around our brothers don't we!

Anne/kq said...

Eh, I get stuff (ice cubes, food, toys...) thrown down my cleavage all the time. And I ALWAYS fish it out. In public. No shame. :D