Saturday, December 16, 2006

Graduation for Jeremy and Embarrassments for Me

Why did I do this to myself?? I'm now a beta-zoid! Blogger has been hounding me each time I publish a post that they have my "NEW" version ALL set up...so I jump into it...BLINDLY! What a headache! I'm hoping that now that it's over I won't have any more issues!
***************************
We did a round trip drive from my house to Logan and back under 12 hours! I'm just glad I didn't have to do the driving! That would have been ANNOYING! :)

Graduation was BORING, but isn't that what graduation is for?

We arrived at the stadium and tramped up and down stairs to find a seat, finally finding one that was directly in front of 2 adorable, wiggly little girls. I was kicked in the back of my head more times than I wish to count! Not only that, but as the program went on, one even sat on me. Yes, she sat on my back, even resting her head against my head a few times (I was hoping she didn't have head lice!) Anyway, since they were wiggling, I was wiggling too! After their daddy's part in the graduation was done the little girl who had been sitting on me announced to her mommy, "I peed!" Uh, SHE WAS JUST SITTING ON ME!! I was completely grossed out, but managed to get a happy smile once they packed up and left. (This picture shows the face I made when telling the wonderful story of "The Little Girl Who Peed!")

My sister was beaming with pride when her husband walked and got his diploma (well, just the empty case...) and we were all glad to have it over with. We were told that there were over 1500 graduates, but it only took them 2 hours for the entire ceremony, reading everyone's name! I was impressed...if not bored out of my skull!
We then took pictures and were off to Angie's to eat lunch. My sister had called earlier this week to make reservations, but they were swamped when we got there. So we had a group of 16 people spread over two tables in different parts of the room. My sister and brother were thoroughly upset, but it was all good.

I was so thirsty when I sat down at the table that I grabbed the nearest thing with water and took a long sip, not noticing that I was drinking out of the water pitcher. I would have gotten away with doing that if my younger brother hadn't noticed and asked if I had just drunk out of it. I sheepishly confirmed the truth, and he laughed SO hard....I was humiliated. For the rest of the meal he'd offer me my "cup," remarking how HUGE the cup was. I tried to laugh it off, but was really not feeling pleased with myself.

Anyway, it was a day full of laughs and boredom, but I'm home and surviving!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! You would!

Mel said...

Now thats a fast trip! Go Aggies!

Anonymous said...

USU graduation ceremonies are very boring. I've been to three of them. The first was my sister's, and I slept through it. The second was mine, and I wish I'd slept through it. The third was my husband's, and I bothered my brother in law the whole time.

CareBearMommy said...

Just by reading the title of this entry, I knew I'd find a priceless gem within. Boy, was I right! I laughed, and right now it HURTS to laugh. And then, I laughed some more. You are truly one of a kind! I think I'm gonna go get a pitcher-er-a glass of water now, cuz I'm thirsty!

I'm glad you had a safe, boring trip. I bet you're happy to be home. (And I bet everyone else is glad you didn't have to drive, too!)

Melzie said...

*grin*
Did she actually pee on you? Oh i hope not. Shame on their mom-- good grief, I would have been not so nice as it seems you were! And teh water thing- you were thirsty!

Gina said...

You are so supportive to make the long trip, then sit through all that with such an annoyance behind you. Ug! I would have lost it!

Anonymous said...

nice...I love it! And yes...you get more teasing here in cyberspace! You are great...did the two-handed hold not throw you off a little? I bet that you were thinking... "this must just be one of those midevil style resteraaunts that serves enormous mugs to every patron" right! I love you!
And I am SOOOOO glad that you are home safley! You are so funny! ;)

Anne/kq said...

Congratulations to the graduate! And eeeeew to the pee!

Sketchy said...

Poor you!!! I can't imagine that mom taking two little girls to a graduation ceremony. I didn't even take my child to their dad's graduation ceremony! Well actually I think I took 1 because he was at the snuggly tiny baby stage and I knew I could keep him quiet and contained.

I hope your sister and bil were suitably impressed with your supportiveness by not only coming but staying through the whole thing! So impressed they didn't care about the whole "cup" incident.

Lisa M. said...

You SO drove right by my house!

Did you wave?

*grin*

Rachelle said...

What a fast trip and graduations are totally boring! I walked out of mine after I got my empty case. Funny stories in here!

Suzanne said...

Hey! I looked for you in the Spectrum on Saturday, but didn't see you! There were a lot of people there. No, we didn't have the opportunity to have a peeing girl on us, but I do worry that we were the ones bothering other people. My boys were pretty wiggly, but somehow we corralled them for the three hours we were in the Spectrum.

Congrats to your BIL and I'm sorry about the water incident. I do stuff like that once in awhile too and it takes me forever to live it down. :|