Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Small Taste of Our Family Trip

We're finally back! We really didn't want to come home, we were having so much fun! We went to Boise and saw some of my husband's family, then the next day we were off to Moscow.
I have a good friend who lived there for a while and she told us the fun places to go while we were there....thank goodness. I'm sure we would have had some nice pictures, but not nearly as many as we ended up with. We took several pictures along the way, then when we got there we took even more.
This first picture is of my son near a pond in the arboretum at the University of Idaho. We were hoping that the trees would have been more in bloom or even more green, but it wasn't, but we still had fun. Cam even got to get close to a REAL live bunny rabbit. He was standing by the pond looking at a goose. He wanted to pet it!
This next picture is of Cameron and me. We were at a rest stop along the way and my husband found this really cute rock, so we all had our pictures taken on it. I think this was one of the best pictures of me for the entire trip, so that's why it's here.
This was a picture of the homestead. This is where most of my husband's best childhood memories come from. They live way outside of town and it feels like you're away from the rest of the world...it was an amazing place!
Our first night on the farm we were getting ready to eat dinner and suddenly out of the back window we saw two deer eating some feed that Grandpa had put out earlier. They said that they usually put out the feed for the pheasants, but the deer have been coming down and eating it too. We had to be fairly quiet, because the deer could hear us through the windows. Cam kept asking us if he could pet the deer. He was so excited to see wild animals! He was so cute! (I keep trying to upload this pic, of the deer, but blogger is pitching a fit! I'll try to post it in another update!)

This is the whole group of us. We hurried and got these pictures while my husband's cousin was visiting. Grandma and Grandpa are in the middle. (Aren't they cute?) We were lucky enough to stay in their home and spend LOTS of time with them. There was one night where the "boys" went out exploring and Grandma and I stayed home and she told me all kinds of fun and interesting family stories. Most of the art in their home has a story behind it and I was asking all kinds of questions about who was in them, and what was going on. She talked and talked and I was in heaven. She even started to tell me another story, and she stopped and said, "You probably want me to shut up, don't you." I told her to keep going, I was happy listening to the stories!
All in all our trip was a marvelous success. We all learned a lot and got to spend quality time with our family. The only bad thing about the whole experience was that it had to end so quickly! We really didn't want to leave, we were even toying with the idea of living there, but we'll see exactly how far that theory goes.
We ended up getting in fairly late last night, I didn't like the LONG car ride home, but it was okay. There weren't any major accidents or problems, just the incessant whining of a 5 year old, needing a potty break! We loved it and decided to make this an annual affair!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey babe! I am so glad to see you home safe and sound! You see...not all of Idaho is a desert! Just where we live! I still think that you ought to live there and get an edumacation there! I LOVED it there! I cried the day I got a job because we had to leave! I know...getting a job should have been a happy affair...but I really didn't want to leave! (Although I am SOOOOOO glad we get to live where we do because our ENTIRE families live here!) I am so happy for you! You really got to know some relatives! Family is soooo important!

Rachelle said...

Looks like a fun trip!

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad that you had fun on your trip. Those were cute pics. I'd love to see some more, though I know it would be impractical to post all of the 140 that you took while you were gone. I enjoyed blabbing with you on the phone yesterday and today about all this fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

Well Im glad that we went on that Grand Adventure to visit my Grandparents it was a fun trip I had a great time showing you the place were i grew up and had fun with my cousins. I hope to see that place again soon. And im glad that I got to share it with you and cameron your hubby