Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas: Come and Gone

The wrappings are put in the trash, my house is plagued by mini-foam-darts, and there's candy and junk food galore: Christmas is over.
I get this sad feeling the day after Christmas, I can't quite explain it. The sparkling lights from the night before become duller....the days become grayer....and the excitement is gone. The only thing that keeps me from falling into a pit of darkness is knowing that New Year's is coming soon. And then we're into the winter blahs. (You know, that time between New Year's and Valentines'?) Anyway, things will get brighter again!
Our Christmas was fun! Steve's brother and his girlfriend came to visit us on Christmas Eve. We ate, chatted, and drove around town viewing the Christmas lights. That night Steve had to close the store down, and was gone for 3 hours! Santa was a little late getting to our house!
The next morning I woke up at a quarter to 8 hearing plastic banging against plastic: Cam was awake. We went down and played racing for a while, then opened up presents. Cam was overwhelmed with dart guns and cars, but soon got over that feeling and played to his heart's content. Soon my little sister called. She wanted us to come over to my mom's house soon so she could see us open presents before she had to go to her in-laws' house. We hurried through breakfast (the one day of the year I make a decent meal...other days it's just cold cereal) and showered, then hurried to my parent's house, fearful that she may be leaving there any second.
When we got there we found my entire family STILL in their jammies! I was a bit upset. I wanted to spend more time with just *my* family! But we hurried and opened presents there, where Cameron discovered his most favorite presents: an obnoxious guitar that is noisy, and a Nintendo DS. The kid was entertained for the remainder of the day! I got a sewing machine! (SO excited, now the trick is to figure out a spot to put it at home!) And Steve got a decent digital camera! We are definately SPOILED!
Then we spent the day visiting, giggling, and playing games. I am the ultimate winner of the game of Life...retiring with over 2 million dollars! *mwhahaha* And I can outwit a machine! If you have a 20 Q, it doesn't guess daffodil, ornament, or booger! >:)
Overall it was a wonderful day that I will treasure for years!
The final winner of my little Christmas carol game was Sketchy. She correctly guessed "Peace on Earth." Yeah, I don't know that I know of that song either, but that was the correct answer! I figured it was appropriate for Christmas anyway!
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and hope you plan to have an enjoyable New Year too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...you were spoiled! A digital camera is on my wish list still! I am so glad that you had a good Christmas! My parents have a 20 Q too...and it doesn't guess dendritic crystaline steel either...but it got dirty diaper! So...what will you sew first! My first project was a shower curtain! Enjoy the last week of 2006!

Suzanne said...

It's sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm with you. I like to have part of Christmas Day with just *my* family. We didn't head to extended families' until 10:00 a.m.

U2 sings a song called Peace on Earth. I wonder if that's the one they're talking about. I think it's from their All You Can't Leave Behind album.

Merry Christmas! :D

Kristine said...

The day after Christmas is always a little sad...
I'm glad you guys got what you wanted...very fun!

Lana said...

sounds like a great christmas!
hope your New Years in awesome!

Sketchy said...

I know what you mean about that post-Christmas letdown. On the plus side my husband has been very nice to me the past couple of days...he's been scared into submission!

And YAY I win...I was thinking I had it wrong.

Merry Christmas!

Melzie said...

It does sound lovely- wahoooo! :) Being spoiled is always nice, isn't it? :)