Friday, December 01, 2006

Oh, What Do You Do at Christmastime?

Saw this meme at Nikko's Place and had to play along...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Stephens' Mint Truffle Hot Chocolate! (TO DIE FOR!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? One big one is unwrapped, but the little ones are wrapped and shoved in the stocking
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored! (Our first year of marriage I tried doing ALL blue lights, but it looked really depressing...so we're all color now!)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? no
5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving night!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? HAM! (I love ham at all times, but it's especially yummy on Christmas!)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going to my great-grandparents' houses on Christmas Eve! At one we'd mingle (if we could move) and eat and laugh, at the other one Santa's elves would always bring a bag o' goodies!
8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I was always a doubter! I had a feeling about him when I was 4! YES! But I got over that one when he visited my house while I was still awake! How nice of him to drop in! Anyway, I asked my mom when I was 11 or 12, and her response to me was, "What do you think?" Then I knew! (But I totally believe in Santa! Don't you believe in yourself or your husband!?)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, it's pajamas. Same box and everything every year!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It's got a little bit of EVERYTHING on it! We buy one set of ornaments every year, and then we just mix them all together.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Between the days of Thanksgiving and Christmas I LOVE it, any other time it's a nuisance!
12. Can you ice skate? Uh...I tried once, but hurt my feet really bad! I grip with my toes when I feel like I'm falling, so you can tell what happened to my toes...Never went back, so NO!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Uh, I remember a few. My biggest laugh of a present happened when "Santa" bought me tires for my car. I ended up buying one of those big Cookie monster toys so I had a present next to my stocking. I put that out and my little brother kept asking my mom and dad where they got it. And they could honestly tell him, they DIDN'T get it! *hee hee*
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family and friends. Renewing my love of the Savior and just thinking more about Him!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I love my grandma F's homemade fruit cake! Mmmmmm! Or Divinity...either way, pass me some!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Visiting my grandparents on Christmas Eve. I LOVE seeing all of my cousins and just talking and laughing about anything and everything! And I love driving around to see the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve! So pretty!
17. What tops your tree? A gold and glass star. We're still looking for a prettier one!
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? GIVING!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Actually I have TONS! I love all of the old ones that they play on Polar Express, and I love, love, LOVE the Forgotten Carols! Actually, I just love ANY Christmas music! The 12 pains of Christmas ALWAYS makes me giggle, but so does the Muppet's 12 days! Ya know, just put me down for ALL!

I'm just excited that the season is here, and I'm free to be my obnoxious Christmassy self! If you want to do this, let me know, I'll come and read it! :)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love driving around to see the Christmas lights too! Have you ever gone to see them in Preston, ID? We used to go there when we lived in Logan and they always did a nice joy.

Stephens hot chocolate is the best! :)

Amanda said...

Yes, yes, yes I love Stephens hot chocolate!

Ewwwww fruit cake!

I forgot about the Forgotten Carols. I love them too.

Do you get the same pajamas or just the same box? ;P

Anonymous said...

Those are good traditions. I remember the blue year...I think that I agree with you. We are color all the way for lights too! I LOVE the feeling I get when I see all the colors going up on the houses this time of year!