Friday, November 10, 2006

Final Friday Babysitting

Today was my FINAL day babysitting for my friend L. I can't tell you the gamut of emotions that are raging through my mind. I feel guilty about having to stop. I feel happy that I will get the peaceful feeling I've been missing for a while. I feel elated that I only have to babysit 2 days a week now, and I can TOTALLY handle that kid. I feel sad that I won't be experiencing baby E's huge grins on a daily basis. I feel peace with my decision.
And as a "fun" farewell, we spent the day indulging Cam and little L's obsession with Spongebob Squarepants. We watched the Spongebob marathon that Nick had ALL day long. (I think it helps things to say that I enjoy the humor of Spongebob too!) They loved it, and napped through it. The day wasn't complete until Cam led L on a run from one end of our apartment to the other...over and over and over again. This led to much laughing, and screams heard from the stressed out father. I'd have to say, it was a good day and I'm THRILLED that I don't have to make mac 'n' cheese EVERYDAY for lunch any more! YAY!
Steve has his opening night of Oliver! tonight and was completely stressed over it. It doesn't help that he's coming down with the crud I've had all week long! I'm sure he'll be fine. Tomorrow is my night to go and watch. I'm even driving to pick up his parents for the weekend. They'll be staying at our house and then going to stake conference with us on Sunday. I'm starting to stress about having the in-laws over, but I'm sure it will be good!
I've been in some major pain lately. Last night while trying to enjoy the new ER, I had a sharp pain that felt similar to a contraction. I fretted and tried to get comfy for the next 10 minutes. I prayed hard! I don't know exactly what it was, but I'm doing better now...just a little residual back pain, but I think I'm doing better. My worry was that I had actually managed to get preggo, without knowing it, and was about to miscarry. I don't think that was the case, THANK GOODNESS, but I still worry about what that pain meant. Hopefully nothing more will come from it, but to be safe, I've stopped taking my medication that you AREN'T supposed to take if you're pregnant. Here's hoping! *crossing fingers and eyes*

12 comments:

Melzie said...

good grief girly- go take a test, or call up your doc & ask for a blood test. You can never be too safe. Here's hoping you have weirdness in your body like me. :) Seriously though-- maybe a cyst blowing up?

Dawnyel said...

froggie, You want my ovaries to blow up? *hee hee*
I'm sorely tempted to take the tests, but I know that Aunt Flo is supposed to visit REALLY soon...so I'll find out things soon enough! :)

Millie said...

LOL @ "Aunt Flo". You'll have to keep us posted!

I really am glad you stopped babysitting your friend's kids... it's so much pressure gone now. Yay!!

What part is Steve playing in "Oliver!"? I didn't know he was a Master Thespian. ;)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new found FREEDOM!!!

CareBearMommy said...

Here's to hoping that Aunt Flo doesn't come for her visit (for the right reason!). She's a nasty pest anyhoo... BTW, congrats on it being your last day of babysitting E and Little L. I hope things don't get too awkward between you and their parents. Is L still acting like she's upset at you? I'm glad that you were able to make the decision that was best for you and your family. Good luck! And beware of any weird phone calls, cuz I may just call you more often now! And if you're not there, I'll have to leave weird messages like I did last weekend! OOOOOOH!

Anne/kq said...

Just Say No to ovaries blowing up, please! Sometimes I get phantom uterine cramps. I know not from whence they come or what they mean, but nothing is amiss. Sometimes it happens when I hear a baby cry-- kind of like a milk letdown reflex, but weirder.

nikko said...

Hope your pain is nothing problematic. :o) Yay for you to saying no to babysitting! You must feel so free now. Hope your friend L doesn't hold a grudge.

Sketchy said...

Could that pain be the ligiments are stretching pain that you get when you are pregnant?

Here's hoping!

(Oh and you go revel in your somewhat childfreeness!!! It is so nice to not have to plan your life around someone elses kids!)

Kristine said...

My first thought with the pain was gall bladder attacks...they are HORRIBLE pain-wise and situated in your mid-back...

I am glad you don't have to have mac and cheese every day...from now until eternity...oh yea, and glad you don't have to keep babysitting.

I am proud of you!
Good luck with the in-law visit.

Mall Worker said...

I'm glad that your final day went well! Here's to some peace!

Suzanne said...

Yay for all your new free time! And double yay for no more mac and cheese. (I can't stand the stuff now.) I hope you haven't had any more pains. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

*fingers crossed*
I am glad that you will have more time for YOUR family! I hope that you LOVE it! I also hope that you have no more pain like that... it sounds nasty!