Sunday, December 24, 2006

Reflecting on the True Meaning of Christmas

On this Christmas Eve, I want to wish EVERYONE a very Merry Christmas. I have been thinking more THIS year about what Christmas is really about. Today while singing in church things just touched me more, I felt more loved by God, and grateful for the knowledge I have of my Savior. The songs that have really been touching my heart have been the ones that invite the listeners to continue to seek Jesus in their everyday lives. I'll share a few words from those songs, since my poor language can't do those feelings I've been having justice.
**********
The Innkeeper (Let Him In) by Michael McLean (Forgotten Carols):
"Let Him in, let Him in
Let the joy and the hope begin,
Let Him in, let Him in
Let the peace on Earth begin.
And whether it be in your world today
or a crowded Bethlehem inn...
Find a way, make Him room,
Let Him in."
The Shepherd (You Were Not There in Bethlehem) by Michael McLean (Forgotten Carols):
"And do you think you'll join us, though you've not seen a thing.
You were not there in Bethlehem or heard the angels sing
but if you feel the Spirit in the air
then just like me you'll know:
That He was here, He was here.
The King of kings and Lord of lords was here
He was here, He was here
And He will come again, 'cause He was here....
The King of kings and Lord of lords was here."
I Cannot Find My Way/Three Kings by Michael McLean (Forgotten Carols):
"There were three kings who followed the Star of Bethlehem
They came from afar, to praise and honor him.
The light which beckoned them to seek
The Lord of men; it calls to you, it calls to me...
...We’re not alone, we have a star that shines today.
The love that He gave teaches how and shows the way.
The light is clear to see, if we have faith and believe:
Three Kings found the Lord, and so can we...
...And if you’ve lost your way, that light burns bright today
and it will shine eternally...
...Lord help us find a way, we need to find a way
We need to find a way back home.
Three kings found the Lord and so can we!"
Shine for me again, Star of Bethlehem by Dan Carter:
"Do not despair, your star is still there."
**********
The winner from yesterday was Carrie. It was Frosty the Snowman.
Here's the last song of my game. Good luck everyone, and Merry Christmas!
Tranquility upon the terrestrial sphere

4 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

What a perfect song to pick for Christmas Eve.... It's Silent Night!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. I plan on doing the same.

Sketchy said...

I was thinking "Peace on Earth" but I don't think that's the title to a song...

Merry Christmas Dawnyel and Family!!

Anne/kq said...

*hates Michael McLean but appreciates the sentiment*

The only song I can find titled "Peace on Earth" is by U2, and I wouldn't call it a Christmas carol...

Sketchy said...

LOL, U2 was Christmas music at our house this year...hubby got a new CD and had to play it immediataely. All our Christmas video has a new groove to it.