Saturday, May 12, 2007

New News

I just got some interesting news yesterday. I can't really go into details, but we'll just say that, if all goes well, I'll be an aunt before the year is out! *snickering* Geez, that doesn't really leave much NOT to tell, does it!?
I got a call yesterday from my brother-in-law and he said he was glad that I answered, because he wanted to talk to me....not his brother. He told me that he needed some advice, and didn't know who else to talk to. His girlfriend just found out that she's pregnant, and they're both stressing out. Andrew was worried about how to tell his parents. He never told them that he and Camille were even living together, so I took the initiative and told them about a month ago. (Yes, I'm bossy and pushy!) He was relieved that they already knew. But I told him that HE needs to tell them about what's going on with Camille. (She's been in and out of the hospital with bleeding and cramping...scary stuff!)
He then told me that I couldn't tell Steve. Uh, I told him I wouldn't, but then I went ahead and told him anyway! (Yes, I told you, I'm bossy and pushy!) Steve is ecstatic! :)
Now we just wait and find out how the in-laws take the news...

6 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I hope his girlfriend is OK. Bleeding and cramping during pregnancy is VERY scary stuff... I've BTDT way too many times. It's funny how you said you couldn't go into details, but you pretty much did anyway. Is that a sign of you pushing and bossing yourself around?

ANYway, I have a question for you. Sorry I missed your FFAF. It's a memory lane question. What middle school teacher would always play "Wonder Years" reruns during class? I was thinking about this the other night while falling asleep. I know... weird.

Suzanne said...

I hope everything goes o.k. It sounds like the circumstances are a little stressful, but hopefully everything will turn out o.k.

Melzie said...

Babies are a blessing, no matter how they come, or whom they come too. If his parents can't handle that... then, well.. they should. Good grief- yes, ideally it would be lovely to have a child in a happy marriage- but life isn't ideal. :)

Sketchy said...

LOL, who you? Bossy and Pushy? I'm cracking up about your "I can't really tell you..." and then telling us all anyway. :D

I hope his girlfriend is doing OK...that must be so scary. And I hope you can call her your sil soon, especially if all goes well as you said.

One Scrappy Gal said...

So did your in-laws do a backflip?

Dawnyel said...

Carrie: I have no idea who that teacher was...do you know, or were you wondering about that too....
Maybe it was one that I didn't have, but you did! :S