Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thinking Blog


Whoa...I've been nominated!? And for THINKING!? *snickering quietly* Okay, but I have to thank Suzanne from A Rose By Any Other Name for nominating me. Honestly, I didn't realize that I had so many blog friends, still. I've been SO bad at reading other's blogs lately! But, thank you anyway!
And today, I was just going to do some bullet point blogging...you're lucky...you get MORE!
  • I watched the "American Experience" on PBS last night. The topic?? The Mormons. Overall, I was glad that it wasn't a total bashing event, but I was disappointed on the things that they DID choose to focus on. (Polygamy, Mountain Meadow Massacre....) I'm anxious to watch tonight...see how they paint modern Latter-day Saints.
  • HEROES is back, and I'm SO happy! I'm sad that there are only 3 episodes left, and I'm FURIOUS that my hubby refuses to give this show a chance! He tells me that there is NO way this show can survive another season...I don't believe him! (And to find that a dear high school friend ALSO loves Heroes is an added bonus! MORE happiness for me!)
  • As some of you know, I watch The View daily...just to watch the Rosie train-wrecks. Now to find that she's leaving...I have to admit, I'm not sad to see her go....taking her soap-box with her! *sigh* There isn't a show that I've watched lately where she hasn't mentioned one of these topics: Bush, Iraq, or Democrats. We know your stance lady, but can't you let the OTHER opinions talk too?! Now with her leaving maybe Elisabeth can get a word or complete thought out without being interrupted!
  • I'm THRILLED that the trees here are FINALLY in bloom! While driving down the road, I pointed to an extremely bloomed tree and told my husband, "Look, it's FLUFFY!" Of course, he laughed!
  • On an upsetting note, my LOVELY neighbors had some little kid POUNDING on their piano earlier today, I was FURIOUS...I had both boys napping, and I was pleasantly snoozing as well. The piano sounded like it was IN my living room! ARGH! After Baby J woke up, I stood up, stormed over to the wall, and began knocking...in the process, I knocked 2 of my pictures off...breaking the glass in one of the frames! :(
  • AND it's MAY!! That means two things, 1. Camping for Memorial Day weekend! I'm SO excited, I can't even begin to express! 2. Steve's 30th birthday is coming up...I'm WAY excited for THOSE plans too! ;)

And now, blogs that I think are WORTHY of the Thinking Award are like little insights into people that I feel I know well, even though we haven't met in real life!

1. I know she's been nominated before, but I HAVE to nominate Mel from Gizmo-isms. Honestly, she goes through SO much, and can still be positive and inspiring.
2. Blackeyedsue from For Better or For Worse. This woman makes me feel so glad to have her a part of my little sphere of bloggy-friends. She not only talks about her struggles and frustrations, but she inspires me to do better.
3. Sketchy from Spitting Prohibited. When I DO get around to catching up on my missed blog-reads, she always cracks me up. She has my sense of humor, which in this world, is a fun surprise! :)
4. Rachelle from Teacher, Mom, Mad Woman. Honestly, other than my IRL friends, she's the first blog I read that I instantly clicked with! She's a wonderful woman who helps ME find the inner strength to go through my trials with my head held high.
5. And finally, Millie from Thoroughly Mormon Millie. She is one of the blogs that I find myself drawn to day in and day out. Her thoughts just make me LAUGH! She enjoys her life, and shares things that I love...She makes me happy!
The participation rules are simple (if you so choose to participate, that is!):
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for the compliment!

CareBearMommy said...

I'm glad that Rosie's leaving The View, and don't even watch that show. I'm just sick of hearing about her comments on Extra or Access Hollywood.

As much as the whole piano/picture thing upset you, I had a rather difficult time not laughing... but I succeeded! No laughing here! Maybe next time, you can walk over to the neighbor's, knock on their door, and kindly ask them to not pound on their piano. It just might save some aggravation, along with some more picture frames.

Anonymous said...

We watched the PBS special last night too...and I was disappointed in it. WAY too much time was allotted to Polygamy, the Maountain Meadows Massacre, people who either have left the church or have never had anything to do with it; and not enough was said about the positives in the church. I was legft with the feeling that anyone watching would leave the program questioning why anyone would ever join the church. I understand and accept that the churches history has blemishes. But I felt like the producers focused on the giant zits on the nose of the church rather than on its whole face.

I am with you on the Rosie leaving thing...I use to watch the View on occassion, but as soon as Rosie showed up I turned the channel never to watch again. Maybe now I will enjoy the show again...maybe.

I am also so ready for summer weather.

One Scrappy Gal said...

I love Heroes too!! We can e-mail and talk about it all day long!!! :)

I got my husband to watch it too. He's hooked!

Suzanne said...

Yay, you did it! Don't worry, I haven't been on blogs as much lately either, but I've been doing better this week.

I'm also glad that Rosie's leaving The View. She is such an angry woman! I loved your pics for the thinking blog award too! :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoy Heroes as well!! I have to disagree with Steve. I think it will come back. Here's hoping!! :)

Neptune's Supreme Dictator said...

I disagree with my buds on the PBS special. I think it fairly covered both sides. I told my hubby that there will be many people (pro and anti-Mormon) who won't like what PBS did. I guarantee you that Mormon bashers will think the show was too positive. However, I enjoyed hearing many moderating and positive comments, especially on Wednesday night.
On Heroes--it is going on to another season! Sylar must die though or I am going to be really angry! GO PETER! GO HIRO! Slay that brain sucker!!