Friday, May 18, 2007

You Asked For It

Millie said...
Did you ever, or do you still, watch ER?
Millie:
Here's my love-affair with ER. I refused to watch it when it first came out. I don't know if it was because I feel like I need to PROVE that I'm my own person, or whether I was just busy doing other things, but I didn't watch.
After I got married, I realized I had married a die-hard ER fan. His mother even refuses to answer her phone between 9:00 and 10:00 pm Thursday nights. I decided if my mother-in-law was SO interested, I'd watch, just so we'd have something to talk about. After the first episode I was hooked. Granted, I started watching beginning with the episode after Carter and Kellie Martin had been stabbed, and Carter was beginning his downward spiral into drug dependence, but GEEZ, I was hooked.
Since starting, I have learned that TNT shows two episodes every morning and I can *gasp* catch up on things I've never seen. Since this discovery, I've watched the whole series through completely ONCE. But I will check in every so often and see if I can guess what's going to happen next.
Lately, I've been busy on Thursday nights, and haven't made ER a priority...probably like I should. I was planning on watching last night's episode (miss the season finale??? NEVER!) BUT my husband had call-backs for his most recent adventure (Music Man...production coming in November...) and his "hour long" call back, ended up lasting THREE hours!! Needless to say, I was furious, and made the man WALK home. (I did carry it a bit far, but sheesh, I was MISSING ER!) Anyway, I made it home in time to catch the last minute of the show! WHA!? I was confused, and quite upset.
So, my husband called his mom today, and we got SOME of last night's episode via her memory. BUT since she now knows how much we LOVE that show, she's mailing us her video tape of the show. SO don't tell me what happened...I want to see it myself! :)
******************************************************
One Scrappy Gal said...
Where were you during hands across America? Did you break the link?
What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Scrappy:
I vaguely remember the whole holding hands across America thing...I think I was 6 or 7. So I was probably in my front yard, oblivious to the whole thing...and consequently, I DID break the link!
I think the Klondike people are weird. Let's just say that when their whole commercial campaign came out where they'd ask people what they'd do for a Klondike bar, I would YELL at the television, "GO TO THE STORE, YOU MORONS!!" So my answer to you is I'd go to the store and pay a few bucks for a Klondike bar. :)
**********************************************
mattsmom said...
Are you feeling well? You look a bit green today!
I don't think that I have ever had a Klondike bar. Obviously I wouldn't even go to the store for one!
mm:
Yeah, you know what they say, "It's not easy bein' green..."
(Personally, I've never had one either, but if I HAD to do something for one....that's what I'd do...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling well? You look a bit green today!

I don't think that I have ever had a Klondike bar. Obviously I wouldn't even go to the store for one!

Anonymous said...

I was the same way with ER. Hubby fell in love from day one and I was like, Pish tosh! I will NOT jump on the ER bandwagon! But as always, I had to eat my words.

My friend Michelle and I were talking about the Carter & Lucy episode last night. It's amazing how that stuck in everyone's mind.

OK, I won't ruin the season-ender for you, but just know that I think it sucked. :)