Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Spiritual Awakening

For the past two weeks upon coming home from an exhausting workout at church I've settled onto my comfy couch and watched KBYU. I have found a NEW way to unwind! On any normal day I'll flip through my channels and quickly pass by this untapped resource. Normally I'm just trying to keep Cam entertained so that I can go on to do other things. But on that first Sunday after they changed up my world I decided, "Why not attempt to get back what I feel I've lost this day, and see where it gets me."
My husband was sacked out on the sofa, Cam had wandered upstairs to play in his room, and I got carried away on a spiritual high. I just love those days when I can feel the Spirit so strongly that I don't want to stop learning and growing. I don't even remember exactly what the point of the speaker's talk was, all I know is that I was loving this education that I was getting in my own home!
Then this last Sunday I came home, not nearly as exhausted as before, but pretty spent, and I did the same thing. Husband in the same position, son in the same position, why not mom in the same? I had a hard time pulling myself away from the things that they were showing! The speaker that drew me in this week was talking about romantic love versus eternal love. I was in hog heaven! I learned a lot about myself and what I expect from my husband...the poor guy! Anyway, I hadn't learned that much since my favorite/hardest class I took at Ricks College. Unfortunately that feeling was fleeting, I had to take my poor hard-working husband to work and I was going to join my siblings for Sunday dinner. After a fun day with my family, I came home, got Cam settled into bed and quickly turned that channel back on. I was back to my spiritual plane. My sweetheart came home, looking like the world had run him over, and then backed up and did it again, so I invited him into my world. I rubbed his aching feet while we listened to more spiritual truths. It was so nice and "romantic." I think I will try more often to invite that Spirit into my life....it makes me so much happier...and there's nothing better than that!

6 comments:

doctor chip said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

KBYU is great isn't it!

utmommy said...

Maybe I should try that sometime.

Millie said...

I was so bugged that KBYU didn't come in my digital cable package! Glad you can take advangtage of it.

Pssst... I'd delete that doctor chip guy. His blog is sick.

CareBearMommy said...

KBYU is awesome. We don't even get that out here (unless it comes with some special satellite package). Heck, we don't even get General Conference! Good for you! Way to go!

Blackeyedsue said...

Dawnyel, I am so happy for you. I love it when something sparks my love for the gospel all over again.

I think I will take a page from your book.

Also did you know that you can go to www.byutv.org and you can listen to talks? I love listening to them while I am cleaning the kitchen.