Monday, August 15, 2011

Mommy Has a Potty Mouth

I have a confession: I never swore until I had children.
I remember accidentally saying "damn" when I was younger and I felt SO embarrassed and horrible that I promised myself I would never say a bad word again...
That worked, until I had children. And when I say "children" I do mean MORE than one. I didn't swear until I had TWO kids.
Now I'm a big bad swearing machine. I say words I don't want to say and feel horribly guilty after I say them.
Today I was chewing the boys out for making a mess of the living room and leaving their toys strewn across the floor. I said a particularly poopy word about 5 times. After the fifth time and my guilt growing each time, I said out loud, "I need to STOP saying that word!"
The boys just looked at me with questioning eyes....
Then I randomly said, "DOG POOPY!"
Both boys cracked up. They couldn't STOP laughing. Pretty soon they were chanting, "Dog poopy!" Followed by uncontrollable laughter.
I told my boys that if I say that potty word again, they had my permission to say "dog poopy" and stop me in my tracks.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

you and me both, sista!