Monday, July 16, 2007

Shhh...Be VERY VERY Quiet....We're House Hunting

I've had it with my apartment life....I'm on the hunt for a house of my own. Steve and I have been looking for YEARS, but not really finding anything. Well, this week we're doing something about it!!
On Friday we looked at a CUTE house, but we weren't really thrilled about the amount of work it would take to make it a home. (Although, of the houses we've seen, it's my favorite!)
And after that adventure, we were OFF to find our home. My requirements are QUITE specific, and I WON'T budge!! It MUST have either a basement OR a garage, both would be nice, but I want a place where I can store my junk....NOT at a storage place. It must have room for 3 or more bedrooms. When I move into my house, I don't want to move....EVER again!! And it must be under our allotted amount.
So far, I've found a few possibilities, and I'm pretty excited to call the woman who's willing to help us out. There's one house I looked at online and it looks AMAZING for the price that's being asked. I'm not hoping for TOO much, but I think I've already fallen in love with this house.
Wish us luck! :)

7 comments:

Elena said...

WOW! Mums the word, but how exciting for you. I wish you the best. I LOVE house hunting and hate it all at the same time. It's so much fun to dream about yourself living in them though. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Mel said...

Oh, how fun for you! Good luck in your house hunting adventures.

Anonymous said...

oh, just got your note that you'll be gone. I'll let Jarom know...

Suzanne said...

How exciting! I hope you can find exactly what you want! I'm like you, once we're in our home in the fall, I don't want to ever move again! (This will be our 8th dwelling in 10 years!) Keep us posted! :)

CareBearMommy said...

Wow. Cool. Good luck to you. I'll keep it a secret, after I tell my hubby.

Sketchy said...

YAY!!! House hunting is so fun! I hope you get everything you're looking for!

Anne/kq said...

Mmmm, I can't wait to buy a house. We're thinking year after next we will have our debt mostly paid off and be able to have about $10,000 saved for a down payment/closing costs (thank goodness for tax season bonuses!) so we will be able to start looking then.

I'm sure you know already but do look into first time homebuyer programs, and don't be afraid to make a lower offer. In the market we have in most of the country right now, below-asking offers are being accepted with some regularity.