Friday, June 01, 2007

Answers

mattsmom said...
How do you spell Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
mattsmom:
Oh, how my belly hurts after reading that!!
Did you know that there is an all new musical on Broadway called Mary Poppins!? And in that new musical they sing the spelling of this word:
S-u-p-e-r-c-a-l-i-f-r-a-g-i-l-i-s-t-i-c-e-x-p-i-a-l-i-d-o-c-i-o-u-s.....
But I guess if I were to spell it out, I'd spell it b-o-b! (And then I'd be wrong...wrong, wrong!)
***********************************
One Scrappy Gal said...
Why does every deodorant, regardless of brand, stop working after a certain period of time? But then if you switch to another and then switch back a few weeks later, it works again?
Also... got any deep parables to share?
Scrappy:
You know, I've noticed that with deodorants, and my guess is that your body starts to get used to the scent, and just eats it up, like candy. Okay, so I really don't know, but yeah, it's weird how the human body works! (OH, I'm experimenting right now with the new Secret Clinical strength deodorant....it's expensive, but SO worth it to me...I don't stink as bad! And my sweat circles have all but disappeared! The weird thing about this deodorant!? You have to put it on before you go to bed...yeah, weird, but it TOTALLY works!)
I DO have a deep parable to share....I heard it in church a few weeks ago. So sit back, kiddlets, and I'll share my new revelation with you!
Some of you may have heard of my cookie/prayer parable, and this one comes from the same deep-thinking woman.
We were talking about forgiveness and how it does you no good to harbor bad feelings. She was telling us that when you drive down a certain local road, eventually you will come to some pretty deep dips in the road. The people who made the gutters made this one intersection just a little TOO deep. When you drive over it the first time, unaware that the deep dips are there, you may think "OUCH! That really hurt me (or my car)!" But you will have learned that these dips are there and the next time you drive that way you will slow down and be cautious of that part of the road. She says, "You could stop and get angry at the dips in the road, but what good will it do you? It was a mistake made in the past, and getting mad at the dips in the road won't fix them!" When she told us this, I was very much shaking my head and thinking, "YES! It's SO true!"
So if you find that you're dealing with a dip in the road, don't get angry, learn from it and forgive the dips...they can't help who they are!
****************************************
Suzanne said...
Why was a grapefruit named what it was? It looks nothing like a grape and it seems kind of redundant to put fruit on the end!
Where did the saying "I'm feeling just ducky" come from? What does it mean to feel ducky? All feathery and stinky? ;)
O.k. confession time. Did you ever fall off the 4 wheeler? I know I would, but that's because I don't have a steady hand to keep the gas going right...
Happy Free for all Friday! :)
Suzanne:
Just a heads up: don't Google the words "Grapefruit...why?" You will get some questionable results! :S Although, I did learn that grapefruits and Lipitor do NOT mix!! (Hmmm...interesting...)
The grapefruit was originally called the "forbidden fruit" of Barbados. I guess from there some moron, (probably a color-blind redundant fool) called these round citrus fruits "grapefruits."
Hmmm....weirdos!!
You know, I haven't heard the saying, "I'm feeling just ducky," used that much, until I googled it. Now I've got a few images in my mind. "Feeling ducky" comes from the movie Land Before Time, you remember Ducky, that adorable little big mouthed dinosaur (which I just learned was a parasaurolophus.) Do you remember how happy that little dinosaur was!? She was always happily running around saying, "Yup yup yup!" And when she was sad, she wasn't really that "sad." So feeling Ducky is to feel like Ducky the dinosaur! Happy and carefree. (Although, feeling feathery and stinky may apply, it may not be the "normal" feeling for being ducky!)
I haven't fallen off a 4-wheeler yet....but don't worry, I'm sure SOMEWHERE in time I will! (I did have a scare last year when I rode the machine, I took an off-the-beaten path, and it was almost vertical! SCARY! Luckily I took the path back down the hill VERY slowly, and didn't get hurt at all!) I do have to admit though, that I have given myself whiplash from pushing too hard on the gas...especially when I'm giving someone else a ride, and can't quite get a good grip on the handles.
************************************************
CareBearMommy said...
Why are boobs called boobs? (I don't expect you to Google this one, just share your own personal insight). And why is a hot dog called a hot dog? It doesn't contain dog meat, and it certainly doesn't look like a hot dog!
Carrie:
Hand it to YOU to come up with THOSE kinds of questions!!
Boobs are booby. Therefore, they're called boobs. Maybe once, a LONG time ago, some little kid was hungry, and not able to say much more that baby-babble he mumbled "boob" while holding out his hands toward his mother's breast. The mom, not knowing another word for it, (because, you see, it was in caveman days...) the name stuck.
Hot dogs are called hot dogs because they look like a boiled weiner doggie. If you were to take the head, fur, tail, and legs off a weiner dog, then boiled it...it would resemble a hot dog. :P
*********************************************
Millie said...
Why does Desitin smell so weird?
Millie:
First off, who SMELLS Desitin?? Second...because they want to make you NOT want to eat it...it's for bums...not for your mouth! :)

4 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

That was a great parable. Thanks for sharing.

I'm waiting for my free sample of the clinical deodarant. I'm sooo excited about it! I know... I need a life. :)

Dawnyel said...

Seriously tho...It's SO good...plus they have a money back guarantee....so I figure, what's to lose...other than abnormally embarassing sweat rings!? :)

Melzie said...

a boiled headless, furless dog... man- makes me just want to go out and grill me some up. wahahaha!

Suzanne said...

LOL!!! Thanks for the answers! I watched "Land Before Time" a lot as a kid so that's probably where I came up with the saying! :)