Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pure Randomness...

I was just reading some things my hubby printed off of the computer and found them highly annoying and fairly accurate! I thought I'd share with all of my friends...beware, they may apply to you even if you aren't from Idaho!

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Idaho.
If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Stanley is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Idaho.
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you might live in Idaho.
If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year, you might live in Idaho.
If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Idaho.
If you have worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live in Idaho.
If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Idaho.
If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Idaho.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE IDAHOAN WHEN:
1. "Vacation" means going east or west on I-86 for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
12. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
13. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
14. Down South to you means Utah or Nevada.
15. A brat is someone else kid.
16. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.
17. You go out to a tail gate party every Friday.
18. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
19. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
20. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."

Today was one of those "ugh" days! First off, Blogger was messing up my 13s, and by the time I got it all fixed I was planning on taking a shower. But then I noticed that we had a voice message from one of my husband's aunts asking us if she could bunk here for a night while they were going to a funeral. I had to call her back to tell her what she could do, and by the time I finished talking with her it was too late to get showered before Cam got off the bus. So I waited for him and figured that I'd shower after he got home. As soon as he was off the bus I was ready to get ready for my shower. I attempted to put in my contacts, the first one worked, but the second one caused instant pain. I pulled it out and realized that it was ripped right down the middle. Luckily I have a few spares, so I pulled out an old one and realized that it was dried beyond all recognition. I rewet it for about 5 minutes and when it was finally soft enough to put in my eye I noticed a small hole in the middle of it. I was quite annoyed, but found another spare contact and got it on. By this time it was 11:30....the regular drop off time for the little girl I babysit. I did the quick hosedown and jumped out and began to quickly dress, when I heard the door bell ringing! I threw the rest of my clothes on as I hurried down the stairs and as I opened it the phone rang. It was my husband wondering about the situation with his aunt. So I'm trying to talk with my friend while talking to Steve and trying to out talk a crying little girl. She wasn't feeling well at all. So I managed to juggle the three things and get the kids moved to the living room. Once there Cam put his hand on her shoulder to help guide her and she began to howl at the top of her lungs! Apparently she's extra sensitive to touch. Anytime he touched her all day long she'd scream and bawl. Well, at this outburst I was annoyed and I told her to stop crying for no reason to which she began to hyperventilate! I was beginning to get frazzled! After a noisy day with a wound up 5 year old and a screaming 19 month old I tried to relax and make dinner. But that was NOT to be. I ended up burning my dinner and filling my house with smoke! YUCK! Add on top of that family coming to our messy house after our vacation and it sounds worse than it should be. I guess it was just NOT my day! I'm sure it'll get better...right?
Well, I guess there is one thing that makes everything all right...my wonderful husband! A couple of weeks ago he whipped up a poem and entered it in a contest and he's a finalist! I'm so proud of him! I didn't even know he had written anything. Then to make my shock complete I found out that it's about me! It's SO sweet! Here...tell me what you think!

Love

I love you
you love me
we entered as two
and came together as one
bound with trust and love
taking the road of life together.
loving you and you loving me
the road, it might be hard.
it may be rough,
but with one heart
our love will burn
while loving you and you loving me.
Isn't he great?? I just love him so much!

4 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

What a day, what a day! And to top it off, your computer was being a jerk and kicked you off the internet, making you lose your blog (you didn't mention that, so I thougth I'd do it for you). We all have crap days now and then, which really sucks. But that's life. I hope your day goes much better tomorrow, and that you have fun with your hubby's aunt and uncle.

By the way, I loved the poem. It was very sweet. I think it's sweeter still that he didn't tell you about it when he entered it!

Melzie said...

#11 is wrong. I sweat it's winter all year long but in july. ;) Sorry about the bummer of a day. I hope your friday goes *SO* much better!

Anonymous said...

I sait it last night and I'll say it again... Steve really can be a sweetie when he wnats to be! Give him a pat on the back! (just be sure you are happy...so it is a pat...and not a punch! hehe
I am sure that your day today will be better!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.