Monday, February 01, 2010

Pillow Talk

Steve's been working late nights this weekend. I've been sick all weekend. It was kind of a rough weekend for my poor little boys. I decided on Saturday, after a miserable day, that I wasn't going to go to church. Cameron, once he heard the news said, "MOM!! That's two days in a ROW!!"
I giggled and said, "No, actually that's two weeks in a row. Good try though."
Can I just say that I'm VERY happy that Cam wants to go to church. I find that a HUGE accomplishment.
Anyway, Steve came to bed at 5:00 Sunday morning. I wasn't expecting him home until 6:30 or 7:00...he was working graveyard, so I knew that he was home early. I asked him why he was home. (I know, nice, right?) He told me that someone came in early so that he could get a little bit of sleep so that he could go to church. I was excited for Cameron to go to church.
We fell asleep.
My internal alarm clock woke me up around 7:00 am. I asked Steve what time it was and he got a little miffed and said, "White milk!"
Um, try that again...
"Steve, look at your alarm clock. What time does it say?"
After rolling back from his alarm clock, he said "White milk oh four!"
After that sweet conversation, I KNEW that man needed more sleep, so I didn't push the fact that I wanted him to take Cameron to church.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

So what does "White Milk" translate into? LOL! Sometimes we'll hear Tanner and Taylor talking up a storm...I am gonna record it someday...if i'm ever awake! LOL!

Jen said...

That's hilarious Dawnyel!!

Dawnyel said...

Deanna, I'm GUESSING that "white milk" is 7. Actually, right now, since I've told Steve what he said, it's more of a joke.
Last night before we fell asleep I kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear, "white milk."
I giggled for quite a while after that one....
*whistles innocently*

Rebekah said...

Hee, hee! Dawn, white milk. **snicker**