Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Funny Moments

Just a few to share with you.....
Sunday I had to take Jake to the mothers' lounge to change his stinky bottom. I figured while I was in there by myself I'd nurse my chunky baby. While I'm nursing I hear the bathroom door open. (Our mothers' lounge is inside the bathroom, on your way TO the toilets...)
Then I hear someone struggling to open the door. I figure it was a mother with her arms FULL of baby/baby stuff....nope.
It was a cute little girl about 4 years old.
She STARES at me, and asks, "Whatcha doin'?"
Thankfully, I was covered somewhat with my shirt and Jake's head, but I told her I was feeding my baby, then I asked her if she needed to go to the bathroom. She just stared for a while longer and asked, "What's your baby's name?"
I told her his name was Jacob, and she got a BIG grin and said, "That's my DAD'S name!!"
The whole time, I'm nursing my little piggy.....and he's not pulled off, like he normally would have if he'd heard someone talking. Thank goodness....
Anyway, she just stood there and stared some more....finally I said, "Um, you should probably go to the bathroom now...." THEN she left.
********************************************************************
Since Sunday was the day after the 4th of July, we were singing the patriotic-ish songs. We were singing the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" for the opening hymn....Jake was standing ON the bench, bouncing up and down and shaking his head back and forth.
He was ROCKING out to a church song. Everyone around us was laughing.
********************************************************************
The other day while chatting with my aunts and uncles at my mom's house my uncle Kent gets a ringtone forwarded from his daughter.
With sirens blaring in the background it says, "Warning! Warning!! The owner of this phone hast just farted! Please, evacuate the area immediately...." We all laughed over that and I said, "Ooh, send that to Steve...he'd LOVE it!!"
A few minutes later Steve comes over to me (I had NO idea where he'd been....) and says, "You need to hear the text I just got." I laughed and told him I had uncle Kent send it to him.
He laughs and says he just texted 3 people trying to figure out who sent it. He was IN the bathroom when he got it.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I loved it all, but the last one about the ringtone made me laugh so hard I started my son!

Tiffany said...

I love your picture of all the American Flags!! It is awesome!