Monday, January 05, 2009

Echo......Anyone there?

So I realize that I'm a horrible blog-reader/blog-commenter. This is not news to me. (I didn't always have this problem...it's a fairly recent thing....you know, since we had our computer die on us.)
But I have very little comments, and I'm feeling a little sad. :(
Maybe if I tell a funny anecdote then I will get the comments I crave.
Yesterday, I was in church with Steve and the boys. This IS news, usually Steve is working, or sleeping from working all night. It's actually really nice to have the man WITH me at church.
ANYWAY...
I had my first post-partum visit from my aunt. Yes, THAT aunt. Anyway, I really really wanted to wear my cute khaki skirt to church, and even thought for a MINUTE that it probably would be best for me to wait until next week, but I quickly dismissed this thought, thinking I had some protection, I was covered....
Well...
Just as sacrament meeting was ending, a kind friend, (you know who you are....THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!) leaned over and told me that I had a red spot on my skirt. I was MORTIFIED. I knew it was a possibility, but I didn't think it would happen.
Here's WHY I didn't think this would happen: I happen to subscribe to the bigger the better when it comes to protecting myself. I happen to wear (on a normal day) the Super Deluxe Over Night Maximum Extra protection. It is so long, that it covers EVERYTHING....well, I *thought* it did.
Apparently there was ONE spot...ONE....that wasn't quite covered.
I quickly handed off Jake to Steve and made a mad dash for home. Thankfully we only live around the corner from our church building, and we DROVE that day. I ran into the house and quickly changed into the navy skirt I SHOULD have worn to begin with.
*Note to Self: Don't wear light colored clothing if you KNOW your Auntie is visiting!*

9 comments:

Elena said...

I still read you! AND LOL!!! about your story. Oh, I have SO been there. Only I was the ward organist and could "feel" a problem. So I finished playing the song and quietly walked out of the chapel. (ALLLLL the way down the isle to the door.) A nice lady met me in the bathroom to tell me what I feared and then the sweet woman offered to play the organ for me while I went home to change. Thank goodness for angels!

Jewelle said...

It has been the holidays. Maybe comments are lacking because everyone can barely write on their own blog let alone comment. I fall into that guilty category. At least Steve was there so you didn't have to troop the kids home too! I think Auntie will be coming to me soon too, for the first time. Allie just isn't breastfeeding as much as Lily did. I don't think she can hold it off with the amount she eats :o(

ellen said...

It took me a minute to realize WHICH aunt was visiting. :)

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Gotta' love a good visit from your favorite aunt from time to time. Why don't men ever have any problems that could potentially stain their clothing??? Seems unfair. Well, I guess there are some problems that could stain their clothing...Okay, I'll stop there.

Deanna said...

I kept thinking...Her Aunt didn't visit her at church...and then I caught on. It happens to the best of us. At least you can tell about it!!! I was student teaching when that happened to me...my kind 'teacher' had to teach for me while I took care of my problem...LOL!!! Gotta love being a woman!

Mattsmom said...

SAD woman! Sorry about the lack of comments here. I have been terrible lately. It is your fault though! (insert winking emoticon here). I do have to thank you for that though.

You are too funny. I have been there too. Only my skirt was white. YIKES is all I have to say about that.

Anonymous said...

I've been a slacker over the holidays and only read updates on facebook. Now I'm back to my google reader and keeping up w/everyone.
And so sorry about your auntie being so cruel! And I just have two words for ya: diva cup.

KAT said...

I just laughed at your expense, sorry. I've been there too.

cressfamily said...

Thanks I needed a laugh today. Not at you but the fact that I have been there.