Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Answers

Mattsmom said...
I can never seem to think of a fun question for FFA Friday. I am so glad that you have caught the gestational diabetes so quickly. Hopefully the little one will thrive even if you are a pin cushion for awhile.
Okay...question...question...
What are your families Easter traditions?
Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day at all?
How about that Easter candy...tis the most wonderful time of the year! In moderation of course!
Mattsmom:
Our family Easter traditions aren't much. The Easter Bunny brings too much candy, we go to church, and then we eat a fancy dinner at my parents' house. I usually make Deviled Eggs, but we don't color them like we used to. I also like to get Cameron a new church outfit.
All I do for St. Patrick's Day is wear green. (I don't want to be pinched!)
I'm getting bummed about Easter candy. I will probably just save mine for as long as I can. Only eating one or two pieces at a time. (That's what I did with my Valentines' day candy!) But you DO know my favorite all time candy is out now....right?? *drool* Cadburry Cream Eggs!
**************************************************************
Elena Manwaring said...
Oh that's the pits. I also get gestational diabetes, but I have never had to do the shots, just strict diet control was enough for me. I can't imagine the shots, you poor thing!! So here's the Friday question: Do the shots hurt and do you ever get numb to so many pricks?
Elena:
The shots actually don't hurt a bit! I guess I can thank my fat belly for something! *snicker* If I poke it just right I don't even feel it at all!
My fingers do hurt every once in a while from the finger pricks, but I've been given a little poker thingy (don't ask me the name of it...cuz I REALLY don't remember!) that allows me to poke my arm, which is completely painless. Plus, the new monitor they gave me takes a LOT less blood than the last one that I had. So all in all, it's not TOO bad!
**********************************************************
Jewelle said...
Dawnyel,I have been visiting your site for awhile and finally decided to add a comment. (Oh by the way, I am in your ward. We used to do play group together. Remember?!) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear about the g.d. I got it somewhat with Lily, but didn't have to do all that junk. However, I feel for you about the finger pricking. My mom is diabetic and has to do that. Her fingers have finally calloused after many years of this but she says it still hurts sometimes. Maybe you will be lucky and this will all go away when the little one comes. Good luck!
Jewelle:
HI JEWELLE!!! (Yes, I do remember you! I didn't know you were into blogging as well!)
*******************************************************
Anne/kq said...
I'm glad that the shots are working for you! Some people are able to take a pill instead that helps control their blood sugar. Is that an option for you?
Anne:
They never gave me that option, so I had no idea it was even available! :P I guess I can just stick with what works. The shots REALLY don't hurt!! :)
*********************************************************
Kim said...
Bummer about the insulin shots, I was wondering how your body would react to being preggo and having PCOS/IR at the same time. What are the risks to the baby? Tell your mom I hope she heals very quickly, Kimby misses her! If you could take Cam anywhere for Spring Break, where would it be? Where would you have liked to go during Spring Break during high school? (Unlimited supply of whatever you would need for this trip!)
Kim:
Usually there aren't many risks to the baby when mom has PCOS/IR. I think the mom does have a higher likelihood of developing GD though, but don't quote me on that.
If I could take Cam anywhere for Spring Break, I'd probably try to take him to Steve's grandparent's farm again. We had SUCH a good time the last time we were there. And they aren't getting any younger, so it's another perk there. But this year, all our money is being put aside for our big family reunion trip in August to Arizona. So no Northern Idaho for us this year! :(
If I could have gone anywhere in high school during Spring Break, I probably would have picked Canada (yeah, back then we all know WHY I would have picked that...) But if I were to pick NOW where I could have gone while in high school, I probably would pick Australia. There's it's JUST cooling off for fall, and I've always wanted to go there! :)

No comments: