Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In the Air

This weekend my little sister and her husband came for a visit. While they were here they announced that they are expecting. I think my sister wanted a bigger reaction to the news, but we've all been hoping for this for so long that it was a pleasant surprise instead of instant shock.
She's due in September and so far has had no morning sickness. Am I a bad sister to wish that she experience what I had??
I'm excited and pray that all goes well for her! :)
***********************************************************
While she was here we went to let my grandparents know the happy news, and I'm getting sad about the fact that my grandpa's memory is gone. We were there for an hour and a half, and in that time he asked me multiple times if I was pregnant. (Which they've known for a while!) I'm pretty sure the poor man has alzheimers, and I'm sad to see that change. Looking in his eyes I could see a child-like innocence.
Thankfully, he's not gotten agressive with us, but he's not so nice to my grandma. I worry about them!

1 comment:

CareBearMommy said...

Congrats to Michelle. Oh, and her hubby too (forgot his name). I hope she has a safe, healthy, and happy pregnancy, especially with being so far away from her dr. And may she experience SOME pukies along the way. :)

That's sad to hear about your grandpa. It's always hard to see the health of a loved one failing.