Friday, September 28, 2007

Answers (Even Some You DIDN'T Expect....)

One Scrappy Gal said...
My Friday question: Why do they pronounce "Sean" as "Shawn" ????
Scrappy:
It's an Irish thing. I don't pretend to know the little nuances of EVERY language, but I do know that it's because it's NOT English! (And I absolutely LOVE that spelling of Sean! If I ever named one of my kids that, I would use THAT spelling!)
*************************************************************
Elena Manwaring said...
"Sweet!" :) Sewn with a sewing machine or by hand? Either way, it's way more than I've ever done. Way to go!
Elena:
ALL by machine!! I'm NOT that talented (or patient!) ;) The only problem is that I have to change the bobbin thread ALL of the time....it gets annoying, but it's WAY better than doing it by hand!
***********************************************************
Elena Manwaring said...
Whew! I thought I was going to have to go two weeks without knowing it was Friday! :) Here's your question, (even though technically I've already gotten one in today) : What shows did you watch this premier week and which ones did you like and want to keep watching?
Elena:
I have a few shows I watch, and they were the ones I've watched before....I wasn't excited about most of the "new" shows.
I watched Heroes (WHOO HOOOO!! My favorite!), Dancing with the Stars (what's UP with Wayne Newton??? THAT dude STINKS!), The Office (a recent fan....but I have seen EVERY Office episode!), and ER. On Sunday I will watch Desperate Housewives!!
***********************************************************
CareBearMommy said...
If your fight the other night was about what I THINK it was (I was reading the MOF's board, ahem, iPod?) are you now at peace with the whole situation?
Carrie:
Now I have to give BACKGROUND information!!
The iPod situation: We found out that we're getting an extra amount of money, not a lot, but enough to help out our paycheck-to-paycheck situation. Steve informed me, he didn't ask, or discuss this with me, that when we get the money, he wants to buy an iPod. I told him we'd have to talk about it first before any firm decisions were made. I thought that the extra money should go towards paying off some of our bills, and I told him that. We both agreed to let the whole thing drop until we get the money, then decide. The situation was dropped, and nothing more was said, until the fight...
The fight the other night was mostly about my complaints that Steve is being VERY selfish (in MY opinon). As many of you know, we've been trying for another baby for YEARS, and recently I've discovered charting my temps. And according to those in the know, when you ovulate there is a significant dip in your basal-body-temperature. That morning I had a dip, and informed Steve that it was "time." That night he told me that he was too tired. I got furious, and frustrated, and just BLEW UP! Things had been building for weeks with the argument over the iPod to him not wanting to do the deed. The fight was bad at first. I cried and yelled, he fumed and clammed up (that's the way he deals with confrontation....DRIVES ME BATTY!) and I left the room. I came back and more tears and frustration was put out there, and not in a good way. So HE left. I cried. I felt very alone...without a friend, really. So I prayed. (Yes, that's my way of dealing with stuff that goes on in my life...) At the end of my prayer, I felt like I should go and rationally explain my outburst. I talked with him, more rationally, I felt, and he just sat taking it all in. After I had said what I had gone downstairs to say, I left. I had HOPED that he'd follow me, we'd both say we were sorry, and that would be the end of it, but it didn't happen. Steve slept on the couch for the first time in our marriage, and I felt HORRIBLE!
After I knew he was asleep (I could hear his rumbling snores from downstairs) I went into the bathroom an wrote him a soap message on the mirror. (Anyone else do this??) The next morning he left home for work without kissing me, and I thought for SURE that he had had enough of me.
Thankfully, we talked and found out that we had both forgiven the other, and things have been better. In no way are we perfect, but we're working on it, and I'm glad that he's forgiven ME and that we can continue in a forward direction!
We've also discussed what we're going to do with this excess money, and no firm decisions have been made either way, but at least he knows where my thoughts are, and why I told him no.
Does this answer your question?? If not, then I'm sorry, but I can't think of any other way to answer it!

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

I LOVED The Office season premier. Poor Sparkles!

Dawnyel said...

Eh-HEM!! Sprinkles!!

Melzie said...

I watched none of those premiers... awww, the difference of television love. As for the background. Charting temps stinks, I hated, hated, hated it. But I hope it works for you. And, so ya know, we've had many of those same arguments-- only I leave and sleep elsewhere... and he never, ever, ever follows me- which I don't get, except he says, "I know you need your space." Which I do, but... men need hormones, maybe that would help. HA!