Thursday, September 27, 2007

SO Proud

I don't feel like I have very many talents, but I'm SO proud that I created this:
Oh, and don't mind the bumpy parts....Steve is hiding underneath the blankets!
I've been wanting to make a King Size quilt to fit our bed for about 3 years now, and I finally kicked myself in the rear, and started to put the pieces together. Unfortunately, when I bought the material, I didn't realize how much I'd need....and sadly, I've run out of material. So when I get more purples and whites, I will finish the top, and REALLY have something to be proud of! ;)
I guess I should add that this is only a PART of the top of a quilt....it's not anywhere NEAR finished, but after sewing for a while, I feel proud to show off my accomplishments! The hardest part of putting this whole thing together is cutting the stupid squares!! Seriously annoying!!
********************************
And another thing I'm feeling proud of....Cameron has picked up a few new words. Every time I hear them I can't help but giggle. I noticed it the other day, but last night he couldn't STOP saying these words! His new words? "Awesome" and "sweet!" He'll be watching TV, and someone will do or say something he thinks is neat, and his response is, "Mama, that's AWESOME!" Or just randomly, "SWEET!!"

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

What an accomplishment! I'll bet it took forever to get all those pieces sewn together. I love talents where there is a finished product at the end you can admire. My cooking presentation isn't very good because I think "It's just going to be gone in 5 minutes" But you can look at a quilt forever! :)

Melzie said...

Good for you!! You know, I have a great ... forgot the stupid word... calculation, but that's not it either... anyhow- I have a great one for finding out how much fabric you need. I'll have to find it, then I'll email ya!

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt.I have one half made.It has been sitting there for 5 years lol.I might have to get it done.
Rach

Anonymous said...

YAY...you pulled it out again! I make levi block quilts all of the time..I made a BABY pieced quilt once...and that is the ONLY one I will ever do! Why is it that we tend to start projects and never finish them? Our ward has a scrapbooking/bring your old projects and get them done day every week for R.S. It has helped me get tons done!

Elena said...

"Sweet!" :) Sewn with a sewing machine or by hand? EIther way, it's way more than I've ever done. Way to go!

nikko said...

Yay, yay, yay! Good for you! You must feel so good. How wonderful it will be when it's all done!

CareBearMommy said...

That quilt is freakin' SWEET! Way to go, even if you don't have all of it done yet. This is one time when king sized beds are so not cool... (I crocheted a blanket for our king bed, and it SUCKED TOES!)