Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Update of My Trip, and Cameron's FULL School Days

So far, Cam is doing well in school. All summer he's been telling us, "Mama, I get to be in the NEW school!!" (His school has been having some MAJOR renovations, and if he was in the REGULAR 1st grade class, he would be in the new part of the school, but since he's in DACC, he's in the OLD part of the school.) He seems a little bummed, but he's doing fine! I've started a NEW thing that I will be doing every Tuesday though, I will be picking him up early EVERY Tuesday so that the kid can continue with his speech therapy. Uh....wooo hooo???
He's also doing FULL days of school now, I like it, but I don't know what I'll be doing when I'm not babysitting....Tomorrow will be the first day I'll have without ANY kids at home, I guess I'll find out what I do then!
And now to tell a little bit more about our adventure into nothing-ness:
I hadn't realized how desolate Nevada REALLY was. I found myself getting excited when we passed a trailer-house. And rest areas?? Oh, MY GOSH!! We were lucky if we found one that had an outhouse! We actually stopped at one that just had a picnic bench, pavilion, and garbage cans that had the orange fence around them!! But since we were so desperate, we peed behind the garbage cans anyway!! (Don't judge us!!)
It was VERY smoky, and it was hard to see the mountains in some places!! It was crazy!!
By the time we got to my sister's new town it was LATE! I was cramped in the back of my parents' suburban the WHOLE time, and I could feel my legs swell up! It was PAINFUL, but I did okay! We ended up at her house around 10:00 pm, and had the trailer unloaded by 11:15! It's amazing the work that can get done when you're tired, and in pain! Luckily we had BUFF men who would pull out the heavier boxes, and leave the lighter ones (that they dubbed "women's boxes") for me!!
We all pulled out our inflatable beds, TRIED to find a piece of floor, and we slept soundly!! I did giggle quite a bit, because my parents were just around the corner from where Steve, Cameron and I were sleeping, and my dad has a bit of a.....um......flatulance problem! It sounded like applause!! *snickering* Okay, so I still have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy! WHO CARES, it was funny!!


Then we all slept in until 9:30 the next morning, and we drove another 10 and a half hours to get home. In that time we got to stop to see my in-laws to get my NEW fun toy: a NEWER washer and dryer!! THEY MATCH!! I can't believe I'm SO excited about this, but I am!! I can't wait for laundry day now!! We got home, and I put Cam to bed, then set up my new toys. I slept SO well that night!!
I have no doubt that Michelle and Jeremy will be just fine! My sister cried when we left, but I told her that it's okay. I KNOW they're going to be JUST fine!! It may take a while to adjust, but their neighbors are very nice, and it seemed like a VERY nice town!

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Beautimous pictures, Dawnyel! At least your sis won't be complaining about traffic jams, etc, while in the town. I'm glad you made the trip safely,even if you did have to pee behind garbage cans!

And I hope Cam continues to enjoy going to school for full days.

Sketchy said...

I so remember Nevada's desolation when we drove down to my sister's wedding in Arizona. UGLY! Of course every time we passed an old trailer or really struggling looking ranch I would say, "And that's where the polygamists live..." It was a fun bonding time.

Enjoy your time!! Alex is starting KG this year so I'm just getting a little taste of it, next year I think I'll go crazy!

Anonymous said...

When you gotta go..you gotta go. The human body is funny like that!
It looks like a miserable place to live. I shall never complain aboiut the lack of green here ever again. I hope she gets comfortable there quickly. It can be hard to move really far from family for the first time.