Monday, July 09, 2007

That's What's On My Mind

I'm getting excited to go see the newest installment of Harry Potter on Wednesday. Steve, thanks to the many plays he likes to do, made a connection with a guy who works for a local radio station. This is one of the many stations who will book an entire theater and fill it with their listeners. We don't have to do anything, but show up. :) I can't wait, the only downer is that I'm going to have to hurry back from day camp to make it in time.
Speaking of day camp, I'm stressing out!! I've never been, but I hear that it's SO well run, that I won't have to really do anything. But I did dream about it all night long! The annoying thing is that I have a TON of forms to fill out so we CAN go. I HATE paperwork!! But it's all taken care of, and I have nothing to worry about, right!? ;)
I want to shoot my neighbor kids....last night they lit off fireworks. First off, fireworks are officially illegal after midnight on the 5th of July. Second, they lit the flying ones off, IN OUR ALLEY!! I watched them bounce off two cars parked back there, and watched as they nearly flew into my bedroom window.....I screamed at them to "Knock it off." And the ruckus stopped, but if there's ANY more tonight, I'm calling the cops!!
And on a "hmmmm....that's random" note, my parents FINALLY kicked my younger, druggie brother out of their house. Not that they don't love him, but they've had it with the stuff he's pulled. The man is 26, and it was TIME for him to grow up and move out! I just hope he cleans up his act quickly. When my dad informed him of the decision, he packed his things, throwing them around the room he's been sharing with my OTHER brother, threw his luggage around, and slammed many doors. I will DEFINITELY keep that kid in my prayers!!

5 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Have fun at Day Camp.
You have my permission to shoot the neighbor kids if they fire off any more fireworks. I don't have the authority to give permission, but I'm giving it anyway. That's just plain rude of them!
That's good that your parents kicked out your brother... but I still worry a little bit. Given his past history, I hope he can do something positive and productive with this new "independence" of his.

Anonymous said...

Can't WAIT to see Harry Potter!! You'll have to tell me how it is. I wish your brother and entire family luck with his new independence. I sure hope it works!

One Scrappy Gal said...

Let me know how the movie is!! I can't wait to see it!!

Sketchy said...

I can't wait to see Harry Potter either, but I think I'm going to have to...we've got too much going on until the end of the month to go.

Hopefully this is the move your brother needs to inject some positives in his life. Some people need to be forced to grow up. Also I think its probably a good move if he was sharing a room with a younger sibling, that can't be a good example for him to have around.

Oh and I hope no one sets your house on fire! Those fireworks in the wrong hands aren't good things.

Anne/kq said...

Have fun.

We're not wasting a trip to the theater on HP. I have been disappointed in every movie so far except MAYBE number 2. So I don't have my hopes up much.