Saturday, July 07, 2007

While Strolling Through the Park One Day...

*singing WAY off-tune* "While strolling through the park one day.....in the merry, merry month of July....."
Our little family took a trip to see my in-laws today. It wasn't something that I had advertised, but something I'm VERY glad I did!!
We helped Steve's parents hang some pictures in their apartment (helping it feel more like a "home") and moved some of their furniture around. We then met up with his brother and his girlfriend and had a picnic in the park to "celebrate" Steve's dad's birthday. (It was really our excuse to get to know his girlfriend a bit more, and find out their plans with this baby coming...)

While sitting at the picnic table, talking with the family, Cameron and Grandpa off to the swings, I felt a tap on my shoulder and someone say, "Dawnyel?" I turned and found a DEAR friend, who I finally met for the first time!
I was THRILLED, we chatted like we have known one another for YEARS!! (I LOVE it when that happens!) And I was so excited just to meet someone who I've "known" intimately through her blog, but never in real life. She's just as fun and sweet as she seems on her blog! We had a ball talking and just giggling! And I'm very suspicious of the circumstances that brought us together. She lives in Utah, and I live in Idaho. We didn't know we'd BOTH be in the same place, but we were, and not only that, but to meet in this particular park (which is HUGE....) I'm just a bit wary of calling it coincidence!! I think Someone ELSE had a hand in us meeting, and I'm SO glad!! :)

After saying good-bye to my friend, I was more energized, and talked a TON with my in-laws and my (hopefully, someday) soon-to-be-sister-in-law. (It's just convincing her that marriage is a GOOD thing!) We talked and talked and just had a ball!!
I LOVE days like today! I hope they happen more often!
These last two pics are kinda funny....Steve's brother is pulling a funny face, and seeing it, Cam had to do the SAME thing...what a geek!! LOL

8 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

It sounds like you had a fun day. Hopefully,you'll have more like that. And that's cool that you got to meet your blogger friend for the first time. Makes you wonder.....

And now that Steve's brother shaves his head, they don't look at ALL alike! I tried to see the resemblance, but I just couldn't!

Phae-Jae said...

Fun surprise!

Melzie said...

That's really kinda neat-o!! :) LOL! I think it'd freak me out a bit, but still- wow!

Elena said...

It's so cool that you have so mnay blogger friends that you've never even met. And even better, that you have met some!

Lana said...

how fun!!!

Suzanne said...

How fun that you met an online friend. She looks really familiar. I wonder if I've been on her page before...

Anne/kq said...

What fun! I love meeting online friends IRL. :)

And those pics are cute. ;)

Rachelle said...

Oh my that is a bad pic of me! LOL! I didn't know you blogged this. So cute! It was an amazing coincidence, so I think there must have been a higher power at work. And all because my Cam ran off to the swings. We had originally planned on staying down on the other end of the park. So funny how it worked out. And you were a blast to meet! We need to really hang out sometime, do dinner and such. I love ya girl!