Friday, June 22, 2007

Now you Know

One Scrappy Gal said...
Do YOU know when to hold them? When to fold them? When to walk away and when to run?
Why does the Burger King mascot freak me out so? He gives me nightmares!
Scrappy:
I don't know when to hold them, fold them, or walk away....heck, I'd give myself black eyes if I ran...so I can't do that either! :(
The Burger King is FREAKY!! And now that he's on those commercials doing his little jig while he rubs his moustache.....*shivering* (Personally, I think it's because the Burger King is really a woman....transvestite woman.....)
********************************************************
Anne/kq said...
How come life is so unfair sometimes? :(
And why are people mean?
And if you were someone's friend wouldn't you listen to them when they tried to explain something to you instead of maliciously trying to ruin their life?
Anne/kq:
I don't quite understand why life is so unfair. I think it has to do with people having free agency. The ability to choose sometimes affects those around you in ways you don't even know. I just know that sometimes when it seems SO unfair, I'm usually being pretty self-centered, and it's MY cue to do some service.
I really do try to listen to people now. Even if I don't get along with them. I've learned a few hard lessons in my life, and one that keeps rearing it's ugly head is the lesson of forgiveness. When it seems like someone is out to get me, I have to consciously remind myself to not get defensive. I TRY REALLY hard to sit and listen instead of jumping down their throats. (That's not to say that I'm perfect in ANY way, but I am learning and TRYING!)
Sounds like you are having a bad time! *HUGS* my dear friend!
********************************************
Liam's Mom - Gina said...
Are you addicted to blogging or have you found a balance? I try to tell myself that I am not addicted anymore... but I still check my email for comments every chance I get. What's wrong with me? Advice for finding balance?
Gina:
You know, I don't THINK I'm as addicted to blogging as I used to be. (I've found a similar addiction that has consumed my previous blog time....)
I think I'm doing better at balancing the things I SHOULD do (clean my house, take care of my son...) with things I WANT to do (be online goofing off, napping...) I've found that if I make plans with people who are in the flesh, I do MUCH better getting off my butt and having a REAL life.
I do think that EVERYONE goes through times of addiction/obsession, but then after a while (which for me is STILL coming up...) the newness fades, and things that truly are meaningful will make their way back to the forefront of your life. It DOES take work and time, but it will happen.
I dread the day when I will realize that, "Oh, my GOSH!! I have my personal life written all over the Internet for ANYONE to read, and I can't remember the passwords to get it off!!"
****************************************************
CareBearMommy said...
Which spelling do you prefer? Ketchup? or Catsup? And why are there two different ways to spell the darn word?
Carrie:
I prefer "ketchup." Don't ask me why...perhaps it's because I like writing more letters than are REALLY necessary. There are two spellings because some people like the fancy spelling ("ketchup") and others like the phonetic spelling ("catsup") Either way, Cam would drink it for breakfast, lunch or dinner EVERY day if he could!! (How could someone LOVE ketchup so much....like he REALLY DOES drink it straight from the container.....and not love tomatoes!?)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Does anyone actually LIKE the Burger King guy? Creepy... :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my questions. You are awesome... glad I am not the only one who has ups and downs.

I laughed so hard when you said Cam would drink Ketchup for breakfast! Man, kids are so funny with the things they LOVE!