Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's Hard to Spread Yourself Thin When You're Chunky Peanut Butter

So much to do....so little me to go around!
This last weekend was spent doing a few interesting things.
Friday, because it was payday, was my "spend-the-day-on-the-computer-trying-to-pay-bills-while-trying-to-have-SOME-money-left-over-to-buy-gas-and-some-groceries" day. Didn't QUITE work out, but we'll survive anyway. Friday was also the deadline for payment for a trip I'm making next month. So I figured I could use our PayPal account or if I had to, set up an account of my own. Let's just say, I'm THOROUGHLY annoyed with PayPal right now! >:( It took me FOREVER to figure out what they needed, and then, guess what....to verify an account you have to wait TWO days!
*NO!!*
I needed the money on FRIDAY!! In the end I just mailed a check....I hope all turns out well that way!
Then while I was also paying with the DUMB-DUMBS I decided it would be a good time to pay for my class reunion (which is in a few weeks.) I went through their site to reserve my spots for both the activities they had planned, and then the computer THREW a fit! I had to RE-DO everything! Luckily, things went better with them, with the exception that all of our accounts are under Steve's name, so they got the money, but didn't know WHO the money was FOR! But now that's all settled! *phew*
Then Saturday my sister and brother-in-law came into town. I didn't get to see her at ALL on Saturday, but she tracked me down (at my grandparents' house) to see if I would go to church with my parents. Their church meets at 9:00 am, mine meets at 1:00 pm. If I were to go to my ward, she'd be long gone by the time we meandered over to see my parents. I had been asked MONTHS ago to sing in a women's ensemble in church for Fathers' day, so if I were to go to my parents' ward, I'd STILL have to go to my own meeting. Finally, she dragged Cam into it. She talked to him on the phone, and convinced him that he should go to church with grandma and grandpa. She won out. I was going to go to both my parents' ward and my own.
Sunday morning came WAY too early and WAY too fast. I had stayed up the night before chatting with a friend until 2 AM. Not a good start to a long day. And it's not like I could skip out....I had already promised Cam that we would go with grandma and grandpa. Darn those promises!!
I only talked with my sister for a grand total of THREE minutes! Good thing I went to church with them! :S
As soon as Relief Society was finished, (which, I ended up saying the closing prayer for both Sunday School AND Relief Society....and it's NOT my ward!!) I hurried to my building...across town. I made it there just as they were finishing their first time through the song. In the end it went fairly well...our third alto didn't show up until 10 minutes before the meeting started, but she is a strong singer, and I think we did well. (Elena, you'll have to tell me the truth!)
That night we visited grandparents and had a good time giggling and catching up. I got to say good bye to my sister for a few SECONDS before they ran off. (I rarely see my sister when she comes here. They spend most of their time with HIS family, so we get what we get...)
The next day we did a LOT of running around and just having fun.
I have a friend who is kind enough to let me have her OLD monitor (just a BIT newer than the one we had before) and I had to go to her house to pick it up. Steve also had a dentist appointment that morning, so while he was getting his teeth cleaned, I drove to my friend's house. The silly lady, who went on a trip with her family to Boise this week, left the monitor on her front porch wrapped up in a black plastic garbage bag. But thanks to her, I no longer have a cruddy computer screen! YAY!!
Then we did some shopping for a tee-shirt. My grandma, who owns an embroidery business, is going to embroider a shirt for me, with my screen name on it and fancy, dancy panties!! I'm SO excited!!
Today I babysat, and had to run Steve to work, so I could take Cameron to therapy later in the day. I was awake at 5:10 this morning. UGH! Thankfully, I was able to come home later and go back to sleep for a while. Unfortunately, Cam was in my bed with me! I had little boy feet in my back for 2 hours!! Oh, well....
Now I'm here....trying to make sure that I have everything under control. This week looks to be a fun one. I'm babysitting on off days, I have pack meeting, I have to pre-register the scouts for day camp, AND one of my cousins is getting married while another is coming home from his mission. Then on Saturday and Sunday we have Stake Conference, and GUESS who's in the choir that performs BOTH nights?? If you're smart enough to guess that, then you can probably guess who doesn't really know the songs very well!! Oh, well!! Life goes on....at warp speed sometimes!!
*********
Reading this TOTALLY made my day...EVEN if you don't get it....but you read it, you will learn SO much about my sense of humor by reading it! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly....I didn't hear it. :( I was in the primary room and I thought I heard a musical number, but you didn't use the mic. Right? The few notes I did hear though sounded good. Who all did you sing with? Sorry I couldn't be more of a critc. :) Sounds like your summer is just as crazy as mine. I don't know why we always look so forward to summer becuase by the time it's done, I am SOOO ready for a break from it. Still love it though.

Dawnyel said...

Elena, that's okay, we DID turn the mic off, but I was so "into" my music I didn't look up. I sang with Zeraline, Carrie, Tesja, Stevie, Patty, Katie, Karen and Kari. If you heard the LOW notes...it was me! :)

CareBearMommy said...

Nice title for your blog... but chunky peanut butter is pretty darn yummy. Sounds like your weekend was pretty hectic. I'm glad I could help in some small way by sharing the Cherry story. Now, the one I'm really after is "A Pickle in a Pickle." I sure hope I still have that one... or did I give it to you? I'll type it up as soon as I find it.

BTW... you really do need to give yourself a break. You're WAAY freakin' busy. It sounds as though you're going 90 mph, when you're only equipped to go 65. Don't have a burn-out.

Oh, and you absolutely GOTTA take a picture of that shirt when it's completed. I just about DIED when I read about it.

Dawnyel said...

Carrie: the title is actually a quote from my dad. My grandpa was apologizing profusely that he couldn't go to something (which actually WASN'T a big deal) and to stop him, my dad said, "It's hard to spread yourself thin, when you're chunky peanut butter." Ever since then, we LOVE that saying!! :)
I don't know WHO has a pickle in a pickle, but it's one of the great Carrie stories! :)
Oh, and don't worry, when the shirt is finished I will TOTALLY share! :D (The "undies" are actually bloomers, but I think they're ADORABLE!)

Anne/kq said...

I love the title.

Sounds like you had a really busy father's day! And that you are busy, in general! I hate juggling bill paying, I'm glad my husband does most of it. And the t-shirt sounds fun. :D