Monday, June 25, 2007

If It Ain't Broke....Don't Fix It!!

I had a CRAZY weekend!! It all started on Friday. We got a promotional-type postcard in the mail from our current internet service provider saying that they now have broadband...and it was only $18!! I talked with Steve and we decided it would be worth it to have the faster speed and the non-interference with our land-line. ANYWAY, after attepmting to sign up, I found out that they have it, but they don't offer it in our area yet!! :( So I *tried* to sign up for their "faster" service and ended up messing EVERYTHING up!! SO ANNOYING!!
I had to add the upgrade, but it wouldn't work without the little icon in the bottom corner...which, of COURSE, wasn't ever there!! >:( So I UNinstalled it, and then REinstalled it, but I had to come up with a NEW account name to reinstall....Long story short, I had to call today to get the extra account disabled! (After 2 phone calls, 3 employees and 45 minutes....) Now everything is "back to normal...." (mostly!) The other annoying part, there was an annoying side-effect to the "new and improved" version...it totally messed up some of my Internet reading!! So the tech support lady suggested that I uninstall the new Internet Explorer.....TOTALLY messed EVERYTHING up!! (Once I found out it DIDN'T help, I reinstalled it...but sheesh...with my connection it took over an hour!)
Lesson for the day: If it ain't broke, DON'T fix it!!
On a happy note, my grandma finished my shirt and got it to me!! It's SO cute!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
Fun tidbit....the bloomers are sewn in glow in the dark thread!! SO FUN! Thanks, Gramma Sue! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! (The shirt I mean. Not the mess with the computer. YUCKO!) Dear sister Shirts called to remind me today that this is the last week of the month...*Sigh* I have a VHS copy of The Letter Factory sitting on my counter (been there for 2 weeks now) to bring to you for Cameron. Do you have a VHS player? And do you want to borrow the movie?? Let me know. Glad you're up and blogging and not messing with computer trauma!!!

Dawnyel said...

Elena: Man, I gotta get on MY VTing!! LOL (you can TOTALLY count reading my blog as VTing...I won't tell!) :)
I do have TWO vhs players (dvd/vhs players...SO convenient!) Please bring it by...the kid is starting to drive me NUTSO!

Anonymous said...

Blog VT, hmmm... good idea... ;)

Sorry for the internet whoas...

I am loving that shirt! You have the coolest Gramma EVER!

P.S. You look so pretty in your profile photo!

CareBearMommy said...

AWESOME SHIRT! I absolutely LOVE it!

Although I totally understand about the "if it ain't broke,don't fix it" thing, I couldn't help but smile. We've all been there a time or two. At least it wasn't something major or life-threatening.

Anne/kq said...

Gotta love glow-in-the-dark undies. ;)

Man, this is one reason I will ALWAYS live in the big city-- I can't live without my cable internet!

Lisa M. said...

Ya know, things like that happen to us frequently.

I think it should be Illegal to advertise for services you can't provide.

Stupid.

Sorry you had all those problems.

What a cute Grandma!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I stopped by but you didn't answer, so I put the video in your mail box. Hope he likes it as much as my kids do.

Sketchy said...

LOL, is grandma marketing the t-shirts?

Sorry about the ISP disaster. Isn't that annoying when they market their new shiny toys to you only to just hear, "Sorry we didn't mean YOU." Then why try to sell it to me????

Anonymous said...

So SAD that they don't offer high speed internet in our area for 18 bucks! I would SO be on that wagon too! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the logo on the shirt! You need a digital version of it for your blog logo! Grandmas are the greatest!

Suzanne said...

What a cute shirt and sweet Grandma! Ugh about your computer nightmare. All that work, just to have everything the same as it was before. At least I hope you were able to get everything back the same as it was before.