Tuesday, June 26, 2007

You Have a Pretty Face

Don't you just love it when well-meaning older people say things to you, that they TOTALLY mean as a compliment, but it's kind of a back-handed one!?
I went to a meeting with our Ward Missionaries tonight (they want each street in our ward to have their own neighborhood party, and guess who was nominated from my FREAKY street!?) Anyway, I was sitting at a picnic table talking with some members of my ward, and as they started to leave the table got a bit lopsided. I asked the woman who was being left behind if she wanted some company. I went over and made some comment to the tune of "I could balance out this side of the table on my own...ha ha ha...." And she looked at me with a completely serious face and said, "But you have a BEAUTIFUL face!" *shock* *giggling....even two hours later!*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That's a good one. I want to know who said it. :) But honestly, I've been meaning to tell you that this picture of you and the last one of you and Cam are really pretty. I am being totally serious.
p.s. Sorry I interrupted the nap.

CareBearMommy said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny. And I agree with Elena... very pretty profile pic.

Dawnyel said...

Elena...it was Sister Call. (Shhh...but don't tell anyone!!) She said all through Stake Conference this last weekend she was staring at my face thinking, "Wow, she has such a pretty face!!"

Sketchy said...

Oh that's a big dramatic pause followed hopefully by big whoops of laughter.

Oh and you do have a pretty face!

Elena said...

LOL!!! HILARIOUS! She is exactly who I would picture saying that. Too funny!!!

Suzanne said...

I wish I had your great sense of humor! I can just picture you giggling about it later! I agree with the others, your current profile picture is so cute! :)

Anne/kq said...

You're taking it much better than I would.

I'd probably still be crying about it or something.

I am NOT doing well lately.

Lisa M. said...

OH geeze

Gina said...

I wish she were aware of how great your sense of humor is... some people are oblivious...

I was at my 73 year old neighbor's house last night and her home teachers were just leaving as we were arriving... one of them said, "it's great that you are still getting around so well." Duh, she has been a widow for 30 years, owns and maintains her own home and has the mind of a 20 year old! What was he thinking? He doesn't have a clue that he just called her an old crusty lady.

Melzie said...

I would have been not so nice... well, I'm a smartalec, and would have certainly shoved a foot in my mouth. :)

Oh well, people can be stupid. :D