Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Random Blabber

Okay, so I'm not FINISHED watching baby J...yet! My cousin is still working at her current job until the 6th of March, then she's trying to find another job! HOPEFULLY, this will all work out, so I can keep watching him! Although, if we have another day like today, I may go crazy!!
Today Baby J was looking wiped out! He came over just red in the eyes and with that sleepy look! His usual naptimes are 9 and noon...so I tried to get him going....uh, a few snags.
1. We had a fairly good snow storm move through last night, and I wasn't about to take him with Cam and I out in the snow in his stroller with the snow this deep! So once I got home from taking Cam to school, I had to shovel our sidewalk...pushing naptime and snuggle time back...just a bit! 2. He was super cranky and crying out in pain for a long time. And guess what!? No pain killers! It was NOT fun...although, a cold, milk bottle helped for a while.
Yeah, I was feeling pretty calm...even when he was screaming out in pain, and Cam was covering his ears begging me to make him stop crying. *patting myself on the back* Luckily, with him being SO tired, he had two REALLY good naps...even if they were off from when he NORMALLY takes them!
*******************
This week is my "go see the doctor" week. For some reason, all of my doctor appointments landed this week. Yesterday I went to see my diabetes doctor, and he's decided to put me on some more meds. Whoopie!? Luckily it's covered by the patient assistance that I'm on....YAY! And I continue to lose weight. Not a LOT, but after the last few weeks where I've been GORGING myself on chocolate, I'm impressed! And he really wants to put me on this cool weight loss drug that is, so far, only approved for people with full blown diabetes. He says that they're looking into starting a study on people (like me) who are morbidly obese with pre-diabetes. I told him that if they do it...sign me up! He took my name and told me that he can't guarantee anything, but if it happens I'm in!
Then today I had my eye doctor appointment. I haven't been to the eye doctor since the beginning of 2005, and I've been wearing my glasses that I got the prescription upped in 2003...it was definitely needed!! My right eye has taken a definite turn for the worse...which he fixed just by flipping those funny lenses. He's going to try me on disposable contacts, which I had a hard time with a few years ago, but says if we can find something that works, it will be worth it! (When I tried them before, one eye would be fine, but the other would spin uncontrollably, and I HATED it, let's hope we can find something this time!)
Then on Friday I have my dentist appointment. This is the one I'm NOT looking forward to. I've slowly been getting my dental work done. Starting in December when I could NO longer stand it, I have been getting teeth pulled, extreme cleanings, and fillings. The thing that is KILLING me, are the fillings!! Why does it not hurt until after they put them in?? I mean, I haven't had ANY pain with my cavities, but once the filling is put in...OUCH!! It may make me lose even more weight....I won't be able to eat!!
******************
I had a really good talk with my sister today. We talked for a while and just laughed and giggled. I love her so much!
******************
I've got a new reader!! It's kinda funny too...she's my visiting teacher!! (HI, ELENA!) I wonder if you can count it as a visit if you read their personal life on their blog!? :D
*****************
I'm so HOUSE-hungry right now!! I've decided that I'm more house-hungry than I am baby-hungry!! I drive past a for sale sign, and just dream! I want a house, not an apartment...I want wide open space...not hearing my neighbor's screams through the walls. I WANT A HOME OF MY OWN!!
*****************
The message board that I LOVED, is down. I'm so frustrated!! Luckily, we have a back-up board to go to, but it's just not the same!! *SIGH*
******************
I'm dreaming constantly about a baby girl....does this mean she'll be coming soon, or am I just getting my hopes up!? The weird thing about the dream....the name Steve and I decided we want for our little girl didn't fit. She just didn't look like that name! So, in my dream I completely renamed her...and I've decided I like it better...what do you think Steve will think?
*******************
After my doctor's visit yesterday I went to visit a good friend who I haven't seen forever!! (Well, since last summer...) And I had a ball! :) I hope I didn't bother her just showing up unannounced! I love just chatting with friends, laughing, and catching up!
********************
And after having that really fun post last week, I've decided to make every Friday free-for-all question day! It was SO much fun! SO start thinking now!!

5 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Isn't random blabber just so much fun? I enjoyed reading your thoughts. I know what it's like to be house hungry, because I'm right there with ya! I am so sick of apartment life, and I want to live in something that is MINE!

I hope the whole babysitting thing works out for you. That's cool that you get to keep watching him, at least for a little while longer.

Oh, and have fun at the dentist this Friday. For some reason, I think dental work is more painful than labor.

Anne/kq said...

Sick babies and house-hungry-- sounds like my life lately! *sigh* I just talked to the bishop and mentioned in passing that if he hears anything about someone moving out of a house that wants to rent it... And he said that there's a house that an older lady in the ward owns that is sitting empty while she is with her daughter! Ooooh... He is going to talk to the daughter and see if us renting is a possibility. So I've got my fingers crossed. Because anything is better than this tiny little apartment.

Elena said...

Definitly blog reading should count for visiting teaching! :) I am learning way more about you this way anyhow. (BTW, I did try to call you today, (last day of the month but who's counting) to atleast get a phone visit in, but you were napping. Next month I am coming for sure!!

Anonymous said...

While I am not currently house hungry...I TOTALLY recall what it feels like to be that way! When we were in the market to buy I swear I could spot a home for sale sign a mile away! We looked at SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many houses...and ended up buying the place we were renting!

What is your new baby name? This dream must have just happened because when you dropped by it was still the same!

Actually your visit did not bother me...How could it have? It was FUN You should stop by again...although it would be nice if I knew before hand so that I was at least not in my pj's!
I had planned to clean my house that day anyway since my visiting teachers were coming. I did a surface cleaning...and after they left my brother came to exchange the recliner. With the furniture moved the unvacuumed floor where it had been BUGGED ME SO MUCH...so I started there...nesting kicked in and I just couldn't stop!

Melzie said...

But- gosh, I feel so caught up now!! :) You shoud lmove here.. please.. buy I house down the road from me, we'll play, go on walkes, and get skinny & cuter by the end of the year. :) What drug are they putting you on? Is it met? I *HATE* met, it doesn't do a thing fo rme- but a friend has dropped tons. I hate her. ;)