Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is It REALLY The End?

I don't know what to do....tomorrow will most likely be my last day babysitting for a while...maybe forever!
My cousin, C, has been having me babysit her little guy, Baby J, since he was ALMOST a month old. He's been a complete joy to watch. Honestly, our whole family gets excited when we know it's Tuesday or Thursday, because that means we get to watch J. Cam will pray the night before we watch him FOR him. ("Please bless us to watch baby J, tomorrow...") And now that he's older, starting to crawl, cutting teeth, and gibbering, we're not going to be seeing him anymore.
Watching Cameron interact with baby J has been eye-opening. I thought for SURE after watching little L that I would HATE babysitting, but I've realized, nope, it was just THAT situation. Cam loves baby J. He will get down on his belly to play with J. It's so nice. There's NO fighting, and Cam does all sorts of things to help out. It's been nice. Maybe it's the fact that we've had J since he was little, or the fact that Cam is older and more willing to help. It's shown me that when we DO finally have another baby, Cam will be a wonderful big brother! Whatever the reason for Cam LOVING Baby J, I really couldn't tell you the exact reason, but I'm honestly sad to see this end. I've been getting my baby-fix in each week by babysitting this little boy, but now....anyone have a baby I can watch!?

4 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Hey, if you wanna go for a little drive, you can come on over to my place and babysit MY baby on Friday night! We'll be taking her to the game with us... that ought to prove interesting.

That's sad that you're going to miss babysitting baby J. I hope you will be able to get your baby-fix with your OWN baby soon. Meanwhile, you'll just have more free time on your hands. Hmmmm.....

Suzanne said...

I don't have a baby for you to watch, but would you consider taking a toddler covered in peanut butter for the weekend??? ;)

Sketchy said...

Awww. Well the good thing is with being your cousin's baby you won't loose touch.

Sorry, I've only got a slightly cranky 5 year old here today...

Anonymous said...

Give me a couple of weks...but get in line. My brother, 5 sisters-in-law, two grandma's, a great grandma, three neighbors, and a 13 year old have all claimed stake on her first babysitting experience already!
I am sad with you that baby J will no longer be coming over twice a week!