Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I Feel Pretty

Is it normal to feel pretty only on certain days? The other day I just took a shower, yes, that's all it took, threw on a little make-up and fixed my hair and POOF! I was pretty! And I felt pretty! I LOVED IT!
I couldn't get enough of myself in the mirror. I was constantly trying to find my reflection, only to marvel at what a little bit of work does for my countenance.
My husband constantly tells me how cute I am, but I rarely believe him, but when I feel pretty, I expect him to tell me...ALL THE TIME! I know it's gotta be hard for him to know when to tell me and I believe him, or when I'll roll my eyes and say, "Yeah, thanks." I guess I should be grateful that my husband thinks I'm cute, and maybe dress myself up a bit more for him! Couldn't hurt the baby-making endeavor, right!? ;)

3 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

The title of your blog entry has gotten that song to run through my head... grr! "I feel pretty, oh, so pretty..." Thanks a lot! Over and over again!

Speaking of getting pretty, I'm actually gonna have to do that tomorrow for when we get our family pictures taken. Getting pretty just seems like too much work lately. Ugh!

I had fun talking to you today, too. And I was able to get most of the kitchen clean during that time, too (an amazing accomplishment, since it's been an absolute hazard zone for the past week)! Talking to you gives me a cleaning bug!

Anonymous said...

I occasionally feel pretty. Very occasionally. My self-esteem took such a bashing when I was growing up that it's been hard for me to ever feel pretty; I didn't even feel pretty on my wedding day (when I was actually wearing makeup, had fixed my hair, had showered that morning, and was the thinnest I've been in my adult life, on account of the stress.) So that will give you an idea as to how rarely I feel pretty now, with two small kids!

But it's always nice when you can look in the mirror and be pleased with what you see, no matter how rarely it comes. Good for you! :)

Suzanne said...

I love those days! They don't come very often for me, but once in awhile my hair looks perfect, I look refreshed with no bags under my eyes and my clothes fit really well. Those days I feel like I can take on the world! I love my hubby to complement my appearance too. He's the person I want to hear it from the most.

Have a great Thanksgiving! :)