Friday, October 06, 2006

Prepare for Randomness at it's Finest!

Amanda at Our Lot in Life (I've never told her how much I LOVE her blog name, so Amanda, I love your blog name! :) tagged me for a meme.
The rules of the game are: The meme tagger assigns 4 words and the person being tagged talks about those words. Are you ready for randomness!? Here it comes, ready or not! :)

Hunger: My first thought with this word was: "I don't suffer from this!" It's actually part of a phrase that Cam tells me ALL the time! ("Mama, I'm hungry!") I've actually been feeling hungry a LOT lately! My doctor tells me that one of the meds I'm currently taking will make people gain weight...and I can see why! I'm SO hungry, but then again, I'm not! Aggravation!

Pumpkin: Pumpkins are some of my favorite things to see and decorate with during this time of year. I've always loved carving pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns for Halloween, but I don't like cleaning up afterward. Thinking of the mess left after carving pumpkins reminds me of an activity we did for Honor Society in high school. We had a contest in the cafeteria and we TOTALLY made a huge mess! It was so much fun though!
My favorite jack-o-lantern I've ever seen was one my younger brother made a few years ago...he took the guts from the inside of the pumpkin, put it on a cardboard box in front of the open mouth of the jack-o-lantern and made it look like it had just puked. It was one of the funniest ones I've seen in a long time!
OH! And I absolutely love pumpkin pie! But I'll only eat it during fall, any other time is sacrilegious! And we LOVE to put "plop" on top of it! Yummo! (My husband's work makes a shake that tastes like pumpkin pie with a HUGE dollop of "plop" on top! Mmmm...I want one now!)
And my secret goal is to someday grow the biggest pumpkin EVER! The big ones are my favorites!

Mermaid: Duh! The Little Mermaid! It's my absolute FAVORITE Disney movie of ALL time! I remember when it came out I was in the fifth grade, and as a special treat to all who didn't get yellow tickets (a bad thing) the whole school got to go and watch it in a local theater! My teacher was grilling one boy about whether it ended happily ever after or not before we went. So before seeing it I knew all was going to be good.
When it came out on video I was babysitting for this one family and they had it! I watched it several times whenever I'd babysit! It got to the point where the little 2 year old asked me to NOT watch it again! (But I was in charge...so we did!) It got to the point where I'd sing the songs along with the movie, and he'd just roll his eyes at me! But even after watching this movie over and over and over I STILL love it.
When it was re-released on video I bought it, and then when they re-released it on DVD I bought it. Anyone want a well-loved copy of The Little Mermaid on VHS? I'll only give it to a good home! :)
The last time my family went to Disneyland we heard a story about how much Walt Disney loved the story of the Little Mermaid and wanted to make it into a movie, but didn't live to see it in his lifetime. Then they showed us his favorite little statue of the little mermaid...perched on the rock with her hair being blown in the wind. I think of that statue everytime I watch the movie now! (Since buying the movie this last Tuesday I've started watching it 6 or 7 times, but haven't watched it ALL the way through yet, but I will!)

Carpet: I have a love hate relationship with carpet. I LOVE it on cold days when it's softness is there to keep my tootsies warm, but I hate having it in my bathroom. Whoever designed my apartment building never had a little boy! Our bathrooms SMELL awful! And if we ever have a leak, it gets ALL over the carpet! ICK!
The carpet in our current apartment is the correct color for apartment dwellers: marbled brown. We have every shade of brown in our carpeting that you can think of! (Along with a few Kool-Aid stains that were there BEFORE we moved in!) It's a LOT better than the carpet we had in our last place...beige! Try teaching a toddler NOT to mess up the carpet! Not a fun job!
And of course there are the other random thoughts that popped into my head: When Millie renamed herself the blissful play-doh picker! LOVED that thought! (Hate picking the play-doh though!) And of the time Cam bounced his way down our carpeted stairs when I was potty training the boy! What fun memories! :)

Now it's my turn to tag people! I'm going to tag Mama D, Frog Legs and Nikkie. Their words? Trucks, flip, chair, and clock.

4 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Oh a challenge! Now I have something to write about, Thanks :)

Amanda said...

Very fun!!! I couldn't resist mermaid with it just being released an all. I love it too! BTW, your story of when Little Mermaid came out got me thinking. I must be REALLY old. I am pretty sure I was in high school when it came out (or at least very close to) and they wouldn't be taking our school to see it for good behavior!

That is gross about the carpet in the bathroom. Why don't they figure this out already?!?

Millie said...

LOL... very cute. I went and saw "Little Mermaid" with my boyfriend in high school. We both loved the music.

You did a great job! :)

Anonymous said...

Hunger...I never used to have this problem...but as of late my body is all messed up. Today I ate so much food that I totally filled out my shirt...and now (only about 4 hours later) I am hungry again!

Pumpkin...I agree...Pumpkins are great! The bigger the better! I love that your bro made that puking pumpkin...totally creative!

Mermaid...I love this movie too...I bought it this week...but I think I will find self control and save it for Christmas.

Carpet...We have TERRIBLE carpet in our house! It has NO plush to it at all...I call it "office carpet" because it is the type of carpet that you would normally only see in an office. I suppose I should just be grateful that we don't have carpet in the bathrooms! I bet it is nastola to have carpet in your bathroom...I remember when your toilet was cracked...I felt for you then and I feel for you now!