Monday, October 09, 2006

Seven Years Later....

Today is my seventh wedding anniversary. HOLY COW!! Where did the time go!? Gosh!
Seven years ago I was an eager bride excited to be with my cute groom! (He's still cute!) The night before we were married we didn't sleep much (although, I slept more than he did!) I was up early the next morning, ready to get my hair and make-up done, then I was supposed to be off to my wedding at the Idaho Falls Temple. But, since I had wanted my reception at my parents' house, there was still work to be done before we could leave!
Ten minutes before we were to be at the temple I reminded my dad, who had been busy hanging doors and trim, that it was time to go. He apologized and went to take a shower! AH! I was so worried about being late, but my mom assured me that they wouldn't start without me! (She's always the one pointing out the obvious!) So we quickly drove to the temple. When we arrived I noted the relieved look on Steve's face. He has since told me that he worried I wouldn't show up.
After checking in, I met my soon-to-be father-in-law for the first time. (He'd been working everytime I had gone to talk with his parents.) Then I got ready in the beautiful bride's room, and was told by the little old ladies who worked there that I needed to make Steve wait for me...so take my time. I'm not one of those ladies who takes hours and hours to get ready for anything, so going slow was NOT happening! I was quickly dressed and told to sit and wait for my groom...make him wait for me out in the hall!
While I was waiting for him to wait for me, the little old men were telling Steve that the next girl to come out of the dressing area was going to be his bride. He was praying that I would come out next!
The ceremony was lovely, and the advice the sealer gave us was appropriate and beautiful. Then we went to take pictures outside in the wind. The fall colors were gorgeous and the only problem was the Idaho wind! Despite the wind we got some great pictures (which I've YET to get from my photographer....shortly after my wedding he went out of business.)
The luncheon and reception were a blur! We had a packed house with lots of friends and family. Steve's grandparents made the long drive to spend the day with us. In fact, all of his aunts and uncles on his dad's side of the family was there. It was the first time ALL of the brothers had been together in years!
It's hard to believe it's been seven years, but we've gone through a lot and are at a point in our marriage where we're VERY happy and totally in love! I love Steve more now than I thought I would ever love anyone! And that's how it should be!

10 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Happy Anniversary!

Millie said...

Congrats on 7 years - do you have any weddingy photos you could post? :)

Mel said...

Seven years and happier than ever! Congratulations!

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary! That is so wonderful that you are in love more now than you were then. As it should be!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe you remember the advice you got from your sealer...I can't remember anything!

I do remember he thought it was cool we were getting sealed on our actual anniversary.

And yes, we need a weddingy picture or two or three...

One Scrappy Gal said...

Happy anniversary!

Have a happy day with lots of smooching. :)

Mama D said...

Happy Anniversary!! I was totally looking forward to a picture though!

Melzie said...

Happy Anniversary!! :) YAY for 7 wonderful years. :)

Dawnyel said...

Okay, so I get the point! When I get around to scanning my proofs (See, I DID tell you I don't have them...) I will post some pics from that day! Until then...NO NEW POSTS! GOSH! :P

Lana said...

happy Anniversary!! I would love to see a wedding pic too!