Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Cameron

Six is such a fun age! Life is completely in front of you and you are pretty much invincible!
My sweet son turns six years old today! His birth was a bit traumatic, but my life since then has been filled with many happy moments.
Cameron started life fairly rough....loosing his heartbeat, being x-rayed, and finally placed in the NICU for six days! I joked that I wanted my next baby to be cordless! He was a happy baby from the beginning. He's since developed an attitude, but being my child, that was to be expected! He's grown so much since those early days when I wondered if my baby would be all right. Leaving the hospital without him was the WORST night of my life, but I was blessed to be able to bring him home the next day.
Feedings have always been problem times with him. Since I'm someone who has a healthy appetite, I never figured I'd have this problem. But, thanks to a strong nurse, he overcame his lousy eating habit to eat sufficient to satisfy the doctor's order. I can't believe how much I disliked that doctor for not letting me take my baby home from the hospital! (To this day I won't see this doctor at the clinic!)
Cameron is a happy boy who is ALL boy! He loves to play ball (especially basketball) and can play fairly well. He loves cars and has a brilliant imagination. He is a friend to any child he comes in contact with and doesn't like to see anyone left out! He's been heard to say to a lonely child, "You can be my friend today." I love that he accepts everyone: no matter what they look like, how they act, or what they've done to him in the past. He's accepting of all, and I hope to become like that too!
Cameron has a smile that will melt any heart. Ever since he was small, he would make strangers stop and say what a beautiful child he is.
It's hard to believe that I'm old enough to be the mother of a six-year-old, but I am! And I wouldn't change him or my time with him for ANYTHING!
Happy birthday, Cama-Boo! Love always, Mama!

8 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

Happy birthday Cameron!!

Help yourself to 6 pieces of cake today. It's OK. Your mom won't mind. :)

Hope his day is a blast!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I haven't been on for a while so I missed your last few posts, but *hugs* and congrats to you and your kidlet!

*sneaks off with some cake*

Anonymous said...

6 is a fabulous age! So fun and creative!! Enjoy your boy!

ellen said...

Happy Birthday to Cameron!!

Amanda said...

Happy Happy Birthday Cameron dear, happy days will come to you all year. If I had one wish then it would be a happy happy birthday to you from me!

Amanda said...

Tag you're it!

Kristine said...

Happy Birthday Cameron!!

My Tiny will be 6 on the 21st. It sounds like they would be great friends if they lived near each other.

I hope you and your family have a great day Dawnyel!

Melzie said...

AWW!!! I hope his day was a BLAST!! Celebrate every day for a week-- birthdy's should be extended.. ;)