Thursday, August 24, 2006

Do I Complain Too Much?

Thank you to Jane's mom! Cam got a ride to and from school with them today! What a life saver! She must have sensed my anxiety about what to do with bringing him home!
Today was busy. I got up to get the two who arrive at 5:30, and the little girl fell right to sleep, but baby E REFUSED! Ugh! All I wanted was a nap, but I didn't get it!
On top of this, their parents only have ONE vehicle. This is a huge problem because the mom is here in town, but the dad is in another town 15 miles away. So instead of the kids being picked up around noon-thirty, they had to wait for mama to get off at 3:30 and pick them up. By the time she got here I was exhausted! (Don't worry too much about the situation...they're in the process of getting another vehicle...it's just taking a lot more time than they thought it would!)
Juggling 2 screaming babies is HARD. I truly admire mothers of multiples...how do they do it!? Add in the older 2 kids and you've got a circus! There were several times during the day that I thought everyone was taken care of and I could rest, but I was almost always wrong!
This is what my day felt like:
Wake up.
Settle kids.
Attempt to sleep.
Change wet diaper.
Feed screaming baby.
Send off older kid.
Change diaper.
Feed baby.
Get second baby.
Feed baby.
Change diaper.
Switch babies from arms to swing.
Change diaper.
Feed baby.
Soothe child.
Get older child home and fed.
Feed 2 year old.
Change diaper.
Switch babies from arms to swing.
Feed baby.
Change diaper.
Switch babies from arms to play pen.
Send off older child to therapy (which I completely forgot about!)
Feed baby.
Change diaper.
Change diaper.
Send off two kids.
Breathe.
Do I complain too much!? My husband seems to think so, and now here I am proving him right by complaining about him! ARGH! Why is it he can come home from work, and whine to me about his day and how bad it was...I listen and support him, but when I complain about my day all I get is: "You brought this upon yourself!"? Can you tell I'm not really thrilled with the man right now!? He spent his day in bed...SLEEPING! That's not even right!
ANYWAY, here's to accomplishing things, and then whining about it!

5 comments:

CareBearMommy said...

Wow! That's a hectic day! So, which baby was the second one you had? The 8-month-old or the 1-month-old? You deserve a reward for your strength and courage to go through this every day. And L and E's parents had better be paying you darn good money for putting you through this! That's just crazy that you had to watch their kids for three extra hours! Are you gonna have to do THAT every day? Hang in there, good luck, and try to keep your sanity! (And how very unfair of Steve to be SLEEPING while you're going through all this!)

Mel said...

It does sound like a hectic day. I hope they are paying you well! I hear ya with the husband frustration. Having him home asleep would drive me bonkers. Hang in there!

Mall Worker said...

My word that sounds like one crazy insane day! I hope it gets better soon as I'm sure it will once you get the hang of it!

Dawnyel said...

C: Uh...I was watching the NEW baby. He's almost a month old, so he slept most of the time...but he was still screaming for a good portion too!
L and E's parents pay us what they can...I know it's bad, but I only charge them $80 a month! (With this NEW baby, I'll be making the SAME amount of money when I watch him for 4 days...uh...) I feel bad, they're struggling, and I am their friend, so I feel like I'm helping out a friend! I see it as I would hope someone would do the same for us if we were in that situation.
Once the kids' mom came and saw that I bought a play pen AND a swing she was all about reimbursing us some of the money. I don't quite know how to say that it would be nice, but only if they want. (I'm such a door mat!)
Just so you know...Thursdays are my insane days. Other days are MUCH better! :)

Melzie said...

*grin* You're suppose to let loose on a blog. Stop the apologies! ;) If we didn't want to hear it, we'd not comment or read the blog.

Glad the days are starting to get routined (the later post). Told ya! :) Have a wonderful weekend!