Friday, August 25, 2006

No Complaints

The schedule is finally falling into place! I don't have anything to complain about today! (You get a break!)
I had to get L and E's dad from work again, but hopefully this will be the last time I have to do that. They're getting their van tonight! YAY! This means that I will be handing the kids over to their daddy when he gets into town around 12:30 every day! I'm so excited. This means that I won't be so stressed.
I was talking with my mom about it last night and I figured out why I've been so poopy about the whole situation: I never know when my day is over. See, when I watch other kids, and I have to wait for their mom to get off of work. Then I never know if this is the day she'll be on time picking them up, or whether she decides it's the day she needs to run her errands. When you babysit someone else's kids you are pretty much stuck until the parents come to get them. Like if I have something to do it has to wait until I am without excess kids. It's really not the way I want to live my life. But if I have a schedule and the parents stick to it, then I'm content and happy!
I can't wait for Monday...I'm getting my hair cut....again! I requested the same lady who did my last (marvelous) hair cut and I'm hoping she can recreate it. (If she gets close I'll be happy!) I didn't know it at the time that I got my hair cut, but I know her sister! We ran into each other again at a church thing and she kept staring at me. Finally she asked me if I got my hair cut at a certain place, I said I had, and then she told me that she was the one who cut my hair. After I realized who she was we chatted and I told her how much I LOVED this hair-do. She accepted my gratitude and then we talked about all sorts of other things. I LOVE finding a hair dresser who you have a good connection with AND one who makes you look and FEEL good!
I almost don't know what to do with myself when I'm not complaining. (That MUST be a sign that I do it TOO much!) I will say, thank you to those of you who have stuck with me through my insanity period, your feedback has been SO helpful...and so therapeutic! Thanks to your support I feel like I will make it through this hectic time! YAY! I'm a big girl now!
Oh, and I almost forgot...we have a new addition to our family! No, I'm not preggo (wishing I was) but my parents have taken in a foreign exchange student. He seems really nice (don't they all when they first get here all shell shocked and such!?) And I'm sure I'll be talking about him once in a while! His name is Matthias and he's from Switzerland. (Coincidence: the LAST exchange student my parents sponsored was named Matthias...bad experience though!) We're hoping to have a lot of fun with this boy! >:)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! I love a good hair cut. I'm so glad that things are going better for you with the whole babysitting thing. See, you just needed a little patience. I think I remember the last exchange student your parents had and I really hope they don't go through the same thing this time. Too bad they're not hosting twenty-something, single, straight, cute men who have the tendency to date full-figured women! :)

Mall Worker said...

There is nothing like a great hair cut! I'm glad that today went great! I hope you have many more days like that!

CareBearMommy said...

That's so cool that you actually REMEMBER who cut your hair last time, and that she's gonna be able to do it again for you. I hope all goes well with the new 'do.

I'm glad that things are starting to get better with the whole babysitting routine. Good luck getting into and staying in the groove!

Blackeyedsue said...

Yay for things settling down! I am so glad your routine is getting better. It stinks when other people take advantage of your good nature.

Post another picture when you get your hair cut again!